testtest

Apex Tactical Announces New Hellcat Trigger

I ordered one today. My biggest complaint on the Hellcat is the trigger, especially compared to the Sig P365 XL. Today I took the Sig with a Romeo 0 and the Hellcat with the Holosun 507K. I hope this improves the trigger and removes the sharp edges that seem to cut into my finger.

I pre zeroed and checked both at home with a laser bore sight. For some reason, that I attribute to the way the trigger is on the Hellcat I was shooting about 2" - 3" to the left. With the Sig I was dead on in a 2" circle target at the same distance for each gun, varying from 5yds to 15 yds. Occasionally I would get one in the 2" circle but the consistency to the left was obvious. I tried varying the windage setting on the Holosun and sometimes I seemed to be closer to center but it wasn't consistent. When I got home I rechecked with the bore sight. Corrected any error I introduced at the range and will have to give it another try, maybe tomorrow. I went through 150 rounds today, so if I go tomorrow I will only take one box. Ammo is still to difficult to get and too expensive. I like to keep 1,000 rounds on hand but that is hard to do these days.

Here is a link and article for the new Apex trigger replacement kit for the SA Hellcat

I have Apex triggers In a couple S&W M&P guns and their a great upgrade from the stock trigger.

I've installed these upgrades myself and it's surprising not too difficult if you have any mechanical knowledge otherwise I recommend having a gun smith handle this for you.

I watched the video too and I'm pretty sure I can do it. I cut the slide lugs for the Holosun and I cut a grip for the P365 XL to add a manual safety and added the manual safety though I did have the pin backwards the first time. :). I asked a local shop what they would charge and they said it runs about $30. I wouldn't be saving a lot of money and I think I would like to learn and do it myself. The web site says they will ship 8/24. Too bad it isn't sooner.

While I have noted that several owners claim the stock trigger is just fine for them, I find the stock trigger safety blade to have sharp edges that cut into my finger after shooting 20 or so rounds. When I compare it to my Sig P365 XL, there just isn't any. The sig trigger is smooth and easy to shoot. I could mitigate some of this by wearing a glove but I prefer not to have to wear a glove to shoot. Even if the pull was not changed (i.e. use original springs and just change trigger from plastic to smooth metal trigger) that would be a big improvement. If it actually reduces pull a bit and smooths travel using the new springs, that would be a bonus.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I have could explain how changing the striker spring effects performance. I can understand the seer spring shape changing the trigger pull force from linear to non-linear.

It was interesting to me to see the slow motion video of Apex's drop testing. I never realized how much the trigger can move from a drop. In fact, watching the slide move as well as the trigger movement made me realize why a poorly made gun or design could result in an accidental firing from a drop.

Maybe we will get them this week . They said the 24th

looking forward to it. Still deciding if I'm installing

af5a1914e553ac4a365212adaf0ffda6.gif

Back