testtest

Apex Trigger on the Hellcat pro

dafoxs

Operator
Got more gas today. Dropped in the Apex Action Enhancement trigger today. Only did a few dry fires so far, but what a difference. Paired it up with the Mcarbo Titanium performance striker assembly, used the Apex sear spring, not the Mcarbo. Can't wait to go shooting tomorrow. I'll get the pull measured while I'm there. Betting it's close to at least a pound lighter.

Attachments

• 20230127_211524.jpg
    20230127_211524.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
That Mcarbo striker makes the difference with the modified lug. Apex trigger kit is nice upgrade over stock but no real noticeable change in pull. I used Mcarbo 3.5 lb sear spring in my setup, never had a pull test done but it’s sweet. I also installed the PRP kit which replaces the sear and disconnector.

Last edited:
That Mcarbo striker makes the difference with the modified lug. Apex trigger kit is nice upgrade over stock but no real noticeable change in pull. I used Mcarbo 3.5 lb sear spring in my setup, never had a pull test done but it’s sweet. I also installed the PRP kit which replaces the sear and disconnector.
Real nice, I was debating wich sear spring to use. I have both. Do you feel the Mcarbo one would lighten it up more?

I believe so BUT never did a comparison. When I first got my gun, I loved everything about it accept the trigger travel/resistance. I started the mod journey like most by installing an Apex. Continued journey researching and came upon PRP kit - liked idea of replacing major contact points (polished contacts prior to replacement parts with no difference). At same time, replaced Apex trigger with PRPs since it was metal vice plastic. After PRP kit installation, the trigger wall/stop before fire disappeared which turned into a rolling pull, same travel still existed though. Once again through research, I happened upon Mcarbo titanium striker and it’s lug design made since. Installed it and travel was reduced by at least 1/8” if not more. Anyway, no regrets with PRP or Mcarbo upgrades and Apex was only an $80 loss. Not bashing Apex, think it’s a nice upgrade for those who like/want a flat faced trigger.

Last edited:
I believe so BUT never did a comparison. When I first got my gun, I loved everything about it accept the trigger travel/resistance. I started the mod journey like most by installing an Apex. Continued journey researching and came upon PRP kit - liked idea of replacing major contact points (polished contacts prior to replacement parts with no difference). At same time, replaced Apex trigger with PRPs since it was metal vice plastic. After PRP kit installation, the trigger wall/stop before fire disappeared which turned into a rolling pull, same travel still existed though. Once again through research, I happened upon Mcarbo titanium striker and it’s lug design made since. Installed it and travel was reduced by at least 1/8” if not more. Anyway, no regrets with PRP or Mcarbo upgrades and Apex was only an $80 loss. Not bashing Apex, think it’s a nice upgrade for those who like/want a flat faced trigger.
Well I switched the sear spring to the Mcarbo. You were right. Much smoother

Finally got to the range, 100 shots at 10-15 yards. Things are working great. A few shoots took me by surprise. Much smoother pull, reset and break. All shots on target, no misses. Also switched out the Apex sear spring with the MCarbo spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_150720.jpg
    IMG_20230205_150720.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 90
Back