testtest

APPROPRIATE OPEN CARRY OF A DEFENSIVE FIREARM

Bob - I do a lot of local and regional venues, private parties, weddings, county fairs, stuff like that.

Well...I did. Damn COVID...

Couple primary bands, and "for hire" for other events/bands. The drunk girlfriend will always run her mouth - best way to shut her up is to tell her "well if he knew the song and played it the right way, I wouldn't have to hide his mistakes!".

I actually had a sloppy-drunk girlfriend get in my face, redfaced and screaming, nose to nose, how much I sucked and this can't be that hard because all I do is tap on an iPad...so I handed it to her in front of the bar owner, and went to grab a soda. 3 seconds in, there was feedback screaming through the room, the band stopped playing (looking around, wondering WTF was happening), the owner snatched my iPad out of Yoko's hands...and I never heard a peep from her again. Fortunately I keep my limiters and compressors set to avoid damage, or she'd have owed me a couple of horns!

As for open carry...I honestly don't know who would notice it, during a show - the rooms are too packed, and since I went wireless I'm not "at the board" with my own space...I'm out in the crowd, walking the room while I mix from my iPad. Nobody can really see anyone from the shoulders down, since the rooms are so packed - and that's another reason I wouldn't open carry, there's no personal space, and no way to put room between my hip and "that guy". If they can't see it, they won't grab for it. If they bump something hard under my shirt..."oh that? that's my phone holster...sorry". My biggest visual concern is pre-show setup when the room isn't packed, and I'm working on stage to set the gear; or strike, after the show, when the room is emptied out and we're tearing down and loading up, usually in front of a couple hammered folks waiting for their taxis. Those are the only times when full-body is really visible.

Before my state had CCW I found out you could openly carry on or about your place of business, home and or abide...

Mowing grass just became much more fun, did I mention its not a riding mower😉.
Yep the neighbors fooreaked the heck out.
The law showed up in 3 cars. I put my firearm in the mail box and waited away from it. They ask me if it was loaded..of course. They tried to tell me I was breaking the law and could be arrested if they chose to pursue it. I smiled and asked if they knew the law stated I was able to carry on my person openly or concealed on or about my place if business and/or my home or abode. I asked at what point was I illegal in mowing my yard, which was attached to my home.

Calls were made to the Sargent and away they went. Told me to be careful before they left.
I knew what neighbors were the problem right off. I can't say the thought of strapping on my rifle next week to mow didn't cross my mind....
You are perfect for the new
Get Off My Lawn 3000
79F7EF25-05BD-4101-86F6-F73148B6440F.jpeg

So, being from Arizona when I started carrying I open carried. A few things I noticed when I did that are, One no one really messed around with you ever. Matter a fact its almost like they'd prefer not to even talk to you or be in your general area unless they had to. Two EVERYONE NOTICES YOU!!!!!!!! I emphasize that because the first place anyone looks when they see you is your firearm, I got sized up A LOT. Now as I did stop several crimes from happening when I open carried I always knew I was the first target had things went south. Now that I carry concealed it's 1000 times more comfortable to carry! I don't feel that I am a target anymore because no one knows I'm a LTC. My body language is a lot more relaxed. I all but refuse to open carry anymore but I refuse to so unless that is my only option.
Could not have said it better. 🙏🕺🤠😎

Before my state had CCW I found out you could openly carry on or about your place of business, home and or abide...

Mowing grass just became much more fun, did I mention its not a riding mower😉.
Yep the neighbors fooreaked the heck out.
The law showed up in 3 cars. I put my firearm in the mail box and waited away from it. They ask me if it was loaded..of course. They tried to tell me I was breaking the law and could be arrested if they chose to pursue it. I smiled and asked if they knew the law stated I was able to carry on my person openly or concealed on or about my place if business and/or my home or abode. I asked at what point was I illegal in mowing my yard, which was attached to my home.

Calls were made to the Sargent and away they went. Told me to be careful before they left.
I knew what neighbors were the problem right off. I can't say the thought of strapping on my rifle next week to mow didn't cross my mind....
Have fun and be safe.

I open carry at the lease or out in nature and occasionally in my LGS if I'm going to or coming from the a fore mentioned places. I have noticed that people don't worry as much about concealment in the last few years (more printing/semi exposed gun) as years back. Changes to the law part of the reason and the increase in people who carry and concealment not an issue to many (yet not full open carry) being the reasons. I find the Hellcat carried IWB conceals with any shirt I wear and makes me comfortable while not being noticed by others.

I have to agree. I don't often open carry because I do not want to be challenged. There are times when I think it is prudent to let everyone know I am armed so I will open carry but MOST of the time I would rather no one be aware. I do think though that the choice is up to each person and they can do what they like, it has never bothered me to see someone open carry, I don't think that that is the guy we need to be worried about necessarily.

When you open carry you are making yourself a target and probably the FIRST target for someone intent on doing harm.
Kentucky is a constitutional carry state,
“At least for now” and you can carry concealed or open, I carried open once and it made ME very self conscious and uncomfortable let alone the amount of looks I got from people around me.

A month back I was returning home from a wildlife call,
“which I always carry open on”
I stopped for gas and completely forgot the gun on my hip was showing, I went inside the store and let me just say
EVERYONE had no problem giving me extra social distancing. 😎🤠😂

I do open carry, but it's normally because I have to stop what I am doing and go get part or things my wants. My state is and open carry state, I do have my CPL. I have noticed that when I am open carrying no one seems to notice, except other gun owners, they will nod their head or give a thumbs up. I thinks it's more about your personal choice.

Back