testtest

April 1st, and $20 per hr minimum wage

Old_Me

Ronin
ok, i just read in Commifornia, that's the day the prices spike.

the mrs and i rarely eat out, and when we do, we go to a small family style place.

when the whole family gathers, we go to larger places as they have the extra seating capacities.

i think here the minimum wage will go up to $20 will be in 2026..??

our kids know how to cook, so we also gather at thier homes.

we ain't about to pay loan shark prices, and that would indeed even include the little place we go to now.

That's why I joined the local Moose Club after my wife passed away. My usual BLT sandwich is about 4 bucks and a Coor's light cost me another 3. Plus the company is always good! Friday night is steak night and I can get a good sized steak, a baked potato and another beer for about $20. However, like you Old-Me I seldom set food in the larger establishments. I like to keep it simple.

Hi,

ok, i just read in Commifornia, that's the day the prices spike.

the mrs and i rarely eat out, and when we do, we go to a small family style place.

when the whole family gathers, we go to larger places as they have the extra seating capacities.

i think here the minimum wage will go up to $20 will be in 2026..??

our kids know how to cook, so we also gather at thier homes.

we ain't about to pay loan shark prices, and that would indeed even include the little place we go to now.

Another example of Democrats buying votes with other people's money.

I think "Atlas Shrugged" should be required reading in high school.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

The wife and I eat out as part of our entertainment. Unfortunately, it is getting unaffordable along with vacations, live sporting events, college, new cars, homes, utilities................. Brought to you by those crazy Lefties. I didn't vote for them, but they're ruining everything anyway.

and this californian running for senate, wants even more.

and should this happen, all of us on Social Security ought to get a minimum increase of $1,000 monthly...why don't they think about us..???

and this californian running for senate, wants even more.

and should this happen, all of us on Social Security ought to get a minimum increase of $1,000 monthly...why don't they think about us..???
Of course not. You aren't among their political base and they figure that starvation will help escalate the death rate of retirees.

well.........if "they" increase the minimum to $50 (or more) per hour, then there WILL be more money for us......in the form of taxes taken out of those low income workers.>!!!!

i look forward to that..!!!!!!!
I'd agree with this except I doubt it would ever be destined for older, retired folks. It seems the gov't has numerous places to blow any/all extra taxes collected. And it ain't old retirees, vets, schools/education, homeless, roads, bridges, oooops, it looks like I almost got off track there for a minute!

Most of these jobs were never meant to pay a 'living' wage to begin with, they are typically entry level jobs designed to help young folks get into the job market.
I agree fully. Sadly, this is the best job a lot of today's youth can hope for

I am so proud of my son. He went through the IBEW apprenticeship and is now a TVA annual electrician. He made over $200k last year.

Yeah, $20 is way too much.
i think a good and fair minimum wage should be what my kids got when they had part time jobs, going thru tech schools, or colleges, and that is...

$3.25 per hour.....

just enough to go out on dates, buy books, put gas in mom's car, or buy pizza, as me and the wife, "footed the bills" for everything else.

minimum wage jobs (to me) are nothing more than a stepping stone, in a young persons life, to earn a diploma, and MOVE ON to what they studied for...OR...a part time job for those who are maybe retired, or those who have a full time job, and want some extra cash....NOT to make a full blown career out of.....

Back