testtest

AR-15 Ejection Patterns

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Your AR-15 ejection pattern refers to the direction your rifle sends its spent casings. Depending on the direction your casings go, your rifle may need some adjustments to improve its performance and reliability. Here’s what you should know.

AR-15 Ejection Patterns

AR-15-Ejection-Patterns-Web.jpg

That's good info about ejection patterns for diagnostic purposes. I'd only add don't be too anal about it.
I would disagree since over gassing adds more recoil, and wear & tear on the firearm which could eventually lead to a malfunction/parts failure, as well as with short-stroking which indicates the firearm is not functioning properly.

If one is OK with those possibilities in a self-defense situation then that's something to think about.

Last edited:
I would disagree since over gassing adds more recoil, and wear & tear on the firearm which could eventually lead to a malfunction/parts failure, as well as with short-stroking which indicates the firearm is not functioning properly.

If one is OK with those possibilities in a self-defense situation then that's something to think about.
Perhaps we just disagree on the definition of anal

noun: anal-retentive; plural noun: anal-retentives
a person who is excessively orderly and fussy

I think the vast majority of off the shelf DI guns are slightly overgassed. I don't mind slightly overgassed.

I think my Saint Victor in 5.56mm is heavily over gassed when I use the H1 buffer. It fires the brass to the 1 to 2 o'clock direction. It did better when I switched out to the H2 to some degree.

Back