testtest

Archon actually inbound

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
PTR now working with the Czech Republic-based Archon (pronounced arK-ahn) Firearms to manufacture and distribute that company’s line of pistols in the U.S.

1701367997878.png

The Archon Gen 2 Type B has all the features of the Gen 1 Type B (non-adjustable grip) with an added innovative grip system. The new grip system features interchangeable grip textures and a modular design.

Gen 1

1701367855140.png

Gen 2

1701367870068.png

I just gotta say it - that thing is exceptionally ugly. Like, they went out of their way to make it even uglier than it ever needed to be.

I’ve got the Gen 1 and I love it, but support has been sketchy at best and this new company who are handling the Gen 2 do not fill me with confidence. What’s more the original grip texture was what made this gun so cool and now they’ve just slathered skateboard tape over it and haven’t even extended the grip to take 17rd mags. You have to use an adapter (which they provide) to do so. I really wanted this thing to be a big step up, but making it optic ready and sticking a threaded barrel on is not that IMO. Mine is milled for a red dot and has had a factory trigger job and it is sweet. Fortunately, they are still selling the Gen 1 so I may take a dive on a second one of those.

I was thinking it looks more like a Glock that was dropped off of a delivery truck from a decent height and hit the ground rather hard and got damaged....

I'll take an ugly gun that's reliable, accurate & has reasonably-priced mags over an attractive gun that isn't.

There's several good C. Europe pistols that haven't caught on with expensive mags and poor support over here.

Since PTR is well-established the Archon should have good support but the market is a fickle place.

My .02

It's all situationally dependent isn't it. None of us are or should be in the situation where we have to choose between ugly and unreliable.

My comments about the looks of the Archon were largely in jest. I don't place that much importance on how a gun looks, and certainly not more importance than whether it is reliable and accurate or not. But we live in an era where there are so many good and very reliable gun options available that it's not hard to find an option that has it all. Then again, there is no accounting for matters of taste, and I'm sure there are people who think the Archon looks really cool.

More...

Last month, PTR Industries Inc., well known for their US-made G3 rifles announced that they imported Archon B Gen 2 and Gen I pistols to the US. PTR will also begin manufacturing those pistols and handle customer service within the US. They already started training technicians who can work on Archon pistols.

1702518033463.png

More...

Last month, PTR Industries Inc., well known for their US-made G3 rifles announced that they imported Archon B Gen 2 and Gen I pistols to the US. PTR will also begin manufacturing those pistols and handle customer service within the US. They already started training technicians who can work on Archon pistols.

View attachment 48591
This is a big deal because for the last 18 months there has been little to no support. I was starting to think mine was going to end up like the Hudson H9. I’d like to see if I can get a gen 1 style fame and gen2 optic ready slide.

My comments about the looks of the Archon were largely in jest. I don't place that much importance on how a gun looks, and certainly not more importance than whether it is reliable and accurate or not. But we live in an era where there are so many good and very reliable gun options available that it's not hard to find an option that has it all. Then again, there is no accounting for matters of taste, and I'm sure there are people who think the Archon looks really cool.
That person would be me. I bought my Archon close to four years ago and it is the gun I would not get rid of under any circumstances. It has been 100% reliable and crazy accurate. I love it. A second one is on the cards.

IMG_4213.jpeg

Back