testtest

are brands just brands of the same brand

In some optics the same producer (not branded name) makes the same optic, but rebrands it. With that in mind, what brands do you buy and other stay away from for reason apparent and not?

Some brands I don't buy is just a name I don't think would be good. Possibly is good and makes other brands I buy? Some brands I don't buy as they don't have it in a specific length, weight, covering/spray/color. Some brands I've doubted, but shown to be well made and makes me go back to them. Reviews have had a positive and negative on what would/could draw me into buying. When growing up my dad only had Winchester, Remington and 1 other brand that escapes my mind at this time. Regardless of cartridge/gauge the brand draws me back. When I started buying my own firearms S&W was the 1st handgun I bought and a brand my dad didn't own. Savage was the 2nd brand that was new too me (well, AMT 45acp was) and then went into Glock, Sig, Browning, Rossi, Magnum Research, Walther, Aero Precision on complete firearms. As for optics Leupold, Sig, Vortex, Trijicon, Nikon, Crimson Trace, Athlon JP and Sightron. Other accessories are to many too name and recall.

Back-in-the-Day brands were distinct and made-in-house before the Pols decided to out-source the manufacturing capacity of the USA.

After that started the economics of making something over-seas was unavoidable. While some brands still made some products overseas (Browning/Weaver =Japan, etc) they still had the original quality before the China tsunami hit. But some companies still kept things in-house like Ruger.

When I was a kid it was Browning, Savage, and Weaver, then as an early adult it was Ruger, Remington, and Leupold before they down-graded their Vari-X II/III line. And Weaver rolled over and died a number of years ago. And Remington has died recently.

Now I go with the best value & capability for the $$ to fill my needs.

My .02

In some optics the same producer (not branded name) makes the same optic, but rebrands it. With that in mind, what brands do you buy and other stay away from for reason apparent and not?

Some brands I don't buy is just a name I don't think would be good. Possibly is good and makes other brands I buy? Some brands I don't buy as they don't have it in a specific length, weight, covering/spray/color. Some brands I've doubted, but shown to be well made and makes me go back to them. Reviews have had a positive and negative on what would/could draw me into buying. When growing up my dad only had Winchester, Remington and 1 other brand that escapes my mind at this time. Regardless of cartridge/gauge the brand draws me back. When I started buying my own firearms S&W was the 1st handgun I bought and a brand my dad didn't own. Savage was the 2nd brand that was new too me (well, AMT 45acp was) and then went into Glock, Sig, Browning, Rossi, Magnum Research, Walther, Aero Precision on complete firearms. As for optics Leupold, Sig, Vortex, Trijicon, Nikon, Crimson Trace, Athlon JP and Sightron. Other accessories are to many too name and recall.
IMG_2507.jpeg

I grew up with Weatherby, browning, colt and Smith&Wesson.
Still have them.
Scopes were always Leupold.

Now, scopes are still leupold, but I added Vortex, Sig and Trijicon.
I stay away from Truglo, Sightmark and Holosun, though everyone loves that brand, I do not.

No to Ruger, Hi-Point, any pistol or shotgun Turkish. Buicks are just Homely. 😉

i think it is much like name brand and generic meds......you know the name brand, but it costs more than generic.

it gives the consumer an alternative to buy something "just like it", for cheaper....read the label, it's usually NOT made by the original pharmacy, but another......but still a "clone" in looks.

another case, i used to pick up trailer loads of Marlboro cigs.....(Phillip Morris)

then at another building on the same property,. i picked up "generic smokes", i think they were called Mustang, same darned box coloring as the Marlboro.

people see the generic, and buy that, thinking it'll smoke the same, but, it does not. (i heard the generic smokes are bitter, and that can be true, as they use the remains of the tobacco leaves the name brands do not....more towards the stems)

go with the brands you know, as it is highly possible the materials will be cheaper and less dependable in the off brands.

Back