testtest

Are Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper’s Teachings Still Relevant?

Missouri law says no carrying while intoxicated. This is not an issue for me. Class A CDL says .04. Also not a problem for me. I can’t recall the last time I drank more than one beer or drink at a time.

Nevertheless, if I go out to dinner and I’m carrying I may have 1 beer but I won’t have a drink. Which in my case means a martini.

Jeff Cooper’s 4 rules (actually, they aren’t “his” rules) were taught to me by my Dad a long time ago, way before I ever heard of Jeff Cooper. Not to diminish Jeff Cooper in any way, though.

I think the title of the article is a little bit misleading because we're not talking about "The Teachings of Jeff Cooper" we're talking about four specific rules that he came up with.

Short answer, yes the four rules are still relevant.

The problem is when people try to overcomplicate them or ignore them completely.

I remember reading Col. Coopers rules in Guns and Ammo when I was a kid. Nobody in my family was interested in firearms for the most part. His 4 rules will ALWAYS be relevant and effective. From my first BB gun to the time I could purchase my first pistol, I always remembered the 4 rules. 30 plus years later, 4 years in the military and well over 50,000 rounds fired, I have always remembered those rules. They will be as relevant in 100 years as they are today. I think every firearm sold today should have those four rules on an insert with the weapon.

It will be an enormous legal issue should you need to use your pistol in self defense shortly after lunch. This is why I only drink alcohol when I'm at home for the night and I'm not going anywhere that evening.

Besides the price they charge for an ounce and a half or so of good single malt Scotch in bars and restaurants is absolutely robbery.
So you had your single malt scotch or a few and someone kicks in your front door .. then what ?

Back