testtest

Are you a wheelwolf

In my hip pocket as I type this, been there most of the summer so far.

20210613_120113.jpg

How you doing Hans? Hope things are going well. Did they go through the side or front. I understand the front is so much better for healing. Both of mine were on the side.
I’m good. It was the side (the “modified posterior” method, or something like that, I was told); I was not a good candidate for anterior/front.

I figure I’ll be off the goofballs by next week, and am gonna got the range with a buddy if I can.

I admit that when I'm serious about carrying, I usually carry a semi-auto. But I'm a wheelgunner at heart. I started out with revolvers and still often carry a S&W 642. Every now and then I get the urge to switch up my EDC for a while just to be different. I almost always go with a revolver.
I collect S&W revolvers and have quite a few. Got some Colts and Rugers too. The last gun I bought was a revolver. ;)
Back when I was shooting IDPA regularly, I often won the SSR class. But then I was usually the only person there shooting a revolver. :rolleyes:
I have three guns strategically stashed around my house. Two of them are revolvers. And my little 642 does nightstand duty every night.
I also believe that the revolver is ideal for a new shooter. Especially those who just want a gun around the house just in case. Just point and pull the trigger. I don't get no simpler than that. ;)
So yes, I'm a Wheelwolf. But its not a curse. 😁

I've owned at least one revolver since I was 21. I've owned revolvers from several different manufacturers. My current favorite is a S&W 638 Bodyguard. The only modification I've made to it was installing larger Hogue grips.

It's handy, concealable, reliable, and sometimes looking at it makes me want to listen to the Mike Hammer theme song...:)

I just watched the video of the opening theme song. He's carrying a 1911...not a snub nosed revolver...I'm sure he has one as a backup...:)

I have a few and the SP101 is my EDC 99% of the time....The 4" Python was my first duty gun in 1978 and I still occasionally carry it in the colder months....Been trying to find a 3" SP101 or even a Taurus 3" 856...hard to come by for some reason....

View attachment 41826
You mean this Taurus?
IMG_4564.jpeg

3inch 856 38Sp I really like this gun, also great shooting piece. Haven’t carried it yet.

"Go ahead, make my Day"!! Ok, Ok, It's a Colt 8" Anaconda and not a Smith & Wesson. I had one on order from my LGS for over 2 years. I finally gave up and ordered one from CDNN Sports since they are so hard to find in that lenght. It goes well with my 6" used Anaconda along with all my other wheel guns (some of which are posted here in different threads).

IMG_1807.jpeg

"Go ahead, make my Day"!! Ok, Ok, It's a Colt 8" Anaconda and not a Smith & Wesson. I had one on order from my LGS for over 2 years. I finally gave up and ordered one from CDNN Sports since they are so hard to find in that lenght. It goes well with my 6" used Anaconda along with all my other wheel guns (some of which are posted here in different threads).

View attachment 41848
Close enough to me beautiful My next gun is going to be a s/w model 586 in a 6 inch even if I have to order her I will

Back