testtest

Are You Nuts?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Know you Fishing Knots; the Trilene (also known as the Two-Turn Clinch knot) and the Palomar knots.

The Trilene knot

1666629139752.png

The Palomar Knot

1666629202685.png

Last edited:
Talyn I like your knot. It also sems one easy to teach to youngsters.

I have used Vic Dunaway's uni-knot in the Gulf for years, but it is a bit more complex to teach

Talyn I like your knot. It also sems one easy to teach to youngsters.

I have used Vic Dunaway's uni-knot in the Gulf for years, but it is a bit more complex to teach

Not mine but a useful one for more than just fishing.

To add to the above.

Last edited:
Palomar knot became a life saver with the emergence of braided lines for my Canada fishing group back around 1985-90...everyone switched immediately and was much happier back then. Don't exactly remember the year, but even the old farts loved it. Much easier to tie with old hands and eyes. Hard to cut that line though. Everyone started sharpening their knives more, if I remember.

The Arbor Knot.

The Arbor Knot, a very simple knot with only one purpose in fishing. The only reason you will ever tie an Arbor Knot is because you are spooling up a fishing reel up with line.

1671134104170.png

The Arbor Knot.

The Arbor Knot, a very simple knot with only one purpose in fishing. The only reason you will ever tie an Arbor Knot is because you are spooling up a fishing reel up with line.

View attachment 33615
I have to admit, I used a tiny sliver of scotch tape on a regular trilene knot on my spinning reel spools with mono and flouro lines...until I quit fishing about 4 years ago.

Back