testtest

Are You Ready for a Food Shortage?

Well, people can live for weeks with no food cico7. But not so long without water. So we all should be good for a few weeks even with no food. But as was mentioned, people are soft nowadays, so maybe they can't take the stress and will pull the plug way before then.

Our covid emergency was a good dry run. Did any of you take inventory as to what remained and what sold out? For instance, you could get brown, free range eggs at Kroger's for a while at $4 a dozen when the cheap eggs were all gone. Then the $4 eggs eventually sold out as that is all the desperate people could get.

A big help was to make my food inventory sheet of all my staples so I could take inventory at home before I left for a food run. I mainly did that so I would not have to go out very often. One thing I found out was you can freeze cottage cheese and block cheese. The block cheese changes the texture for the worse sometimes, but is still doable. The cottage cheese changes for the better most of time.

I also learned some tricks to make cherry tomatoes and mushroom last longer in the fridge. Fresh foods is an issue in the cold months unless you got a greenhouse or markets. But if the stores are ever empty for too long most of us are in trouble unless we got a good pantry.

@Invisibleflash
Try again.
seem to have truoble this morning.
I thought about my post but decided toleave it I used to live in an area where power outages were regular and at times were multiple days. So we could completely function for 3 days water, power, eat, go to and from work without a hitch. Shower, lighting, wife's hair, makeup, baby, dog etc.
It was more than just food.
Now I am in a softer life and these things are less likely to happen, but my plan is to get back to it.
I have water, food, fuel, batteries, gas, propane, guns and ammo. Need to work on more fuel,wood, etc.

@Invisibleflash
Try again.
seem to have truoble this morning.
I thought about my post but decided toleave it I used to live in an area where power outages were regular and at times were multiple days. So we could completely function for 3 days water, power, eat, go to and from work without a hitch. Shower, lighting, wife's hair, makeup, baby, dog etc.
It was more than just food.
Now I am in a softer life and these things are less likely to happen, but my plan is to get back to it.
I have water, food, fuel, batteries, gas, propane, guns and ammo. Need to work on more fuel,wood, etc.
Also looking at a basement greenhouse. Not what i can grow though

Back