testtest

Are Your Dogs Part of Your Home-Defense Plan?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Have you thought about how your pets play into your home-defense plan in the case of an imminent home invasion?

1694396985933.png

ever since i was a kid, i wanted a dog....mom always said....NO.

then later in life, got my own place........NO pets allowed.

then later got married...........and we had several apartments before we got our own home........NO pets allowed

then we had kids.......and they had allergies............NO pets

then later when they all moved out.......??

i found out thru several allergy tests........??

i too am allergic to animals...........

if any future allergy testing says i'm allergic to guns, oil, grease, lead, gunpowder, primers, brass, and Toyota's.....?

I'm buying a Chevy........

I agree with proper and intense training of a dog for a task beyond basic obedience.

But when they become family members it wouldn’t be my first choice to release it upon an intruder mostly because so many of the violent, released on bond, lawless feral go about armed these days. I’ve become a more protective force for my dogs safety sake, which is not necessarily a breed known for keen defense qualities against invasive two-legged critter, and not going to risk her to dispatch any of the portly nighttime four leggers my neighbor regularly feeds either.

I think an overly socialized pet dog winds up becoming less effective as a guard, but a good and obedient friend to all. Maybe it still has some of protective and territorial instincts, but if the invader isn’t afraid at first sight, the dog might be more accepting of a strangers presence…unless trained to protect.

I agree with proper and intense training of a dog for a task beyond basic obedience.

But when they become family members it wouldn’t be my first choice to release it upon an intruder mostly because so many of the violent, released on bond, lawless feral go about armed these days. I’ve become a more protective force for my dogs safety sake, which is not necessarily a breed known for keen defense qualities against invasive two-legged critter, and not going to risk her to dispatch any of the portly nighttime four leggers my neighbor regularly feeds either.

I think an overly socialized pet dog winds up becoming less effective as a guard, but a good and obedient friend to all. Maybe it still has some of protective and territorial instincts, but if the invader isn’t afraid at first sight, the dog might be more accepting of a strangers presence…unless trained to protect.

Attachments

• Warning-Nevermind-The-Dog-18x12-1.jpg
    Warning-Nevermind-The-Dog-18x12-1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 67
Have you thought about how your pets play into your home-defense plan in the case of an imminent home invasion?

View attachment 43466
My two (Chihauhua's)are only good for an Early Warning System. A leaf can hit the ground and they both go off.

Back