testtest

ATF Keeping 920+ Million Firearms Records with Almost All Digitalized

The article above is tin foil hat scare tactics. Given the technology developed since 2016 it’s hardly surprising that they’ve managed to digitize the volume that they have, given that they have storage containers full of old records that haven’t been touched.

You know what’s way easier to get hold of than your 4473? Bank records. The vast majority of buyers do not pay cash.

Granted this article is from 2016 but it provides a great inside look at how the ATF processes the gun records it receives. It’s hard to believe that their process is as archaic as it appears to be.

The article above is tin foil hat scare tactics. Given the technology developed since 2016 it’s hardly surprising that they’ve managed to digitize the volume that they have, given that they have storage containers full of old records that haven’t been touched.

You know what’s way easier to get hold of than your 4473? Bank records. The vast majority of buyers do not pay cash.

Granted this article is from 2016 but it provides a great inside look at how the ATF processes the gun records it receives. It’s hard to believe that their process is as archaic as it appears to be.

1643673351763.jpeg

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Is it really that hard to believe? The ATF JUST put Tax Stamp E-file forms live.... in 2022.....
I don't think it's that hard to believe lol.

Anni, I saw the handwriting on the wall over 30 years ago during one of my first FFL record inspections. When the ATF inspector inspected my bound book, he did a very thorough job of copying the names of my costumers as well as the type of firearm and serial numbers. I told him I didn't think what he was doing was "legal", but he offered no explanation and completed his list. What was even more troubling was when a customer who was a local policeman told me several weeks later that he'd been questioned by his superiors as to why ATF had made an inquiry concerning him. Mind you, this was years before the NICS program came about, but it seems that ATF was doing background checks in a roundabout way. It may have been random, but who knows. My question is how many of those guns I sold back in the day are still in the hands of the folks I sold them to? How many times have these guns changed hands? It would be interesting to know how many guns that were sold 30 years ago could be located today? This is why we should be concerned about the intent of the Universal Background check.

Back