testtest

AUTO PISTOL AND CONTINUITY OF FIRE

Good article on reloading your pistol, good refresher for all shooters. Shows empty reload and tactical reload, good pics included

Paul Harrell does this as he said it keeps his gun loaded in a combat situation..he demonstrated it dozens of times, as he keeps track of his shots, and drops the mag before the last cartridge, allowing hm to not have to rack the slide.

however, he is an expert shooter, with zillions of years of practice

i think under stress, most of us would not be able to do that

Paul Harrell does this as he said it keeps his gun loaded in a combat situation..he demonstrated it dozens of times, as he keeps track of his shots, and drops the mag before the last cartridge, allowing hm to not have to rack the slide.

Saves time on dropping slide/racking slide when counting rounds.

Shoot slower or by 2's.
thing with that is....some of us had the pleasure of multi-round magazines, as i had many 21 round mags..
''so you get used to that"

then the state cuts you off at the short hairs, and limits you to 10 rounds.....

so, here you are so used to having 21 shots, under stress, and OMFG.......i gots no more boolits......!!!!!!

takes time to break old habits, and under stress........i dunno if we revert back to the old way or not

I am going to practice this next time I am at the range.

this is from the Army Pistol Training manual:

COMBAT RELOADING TECHNIQUES
Overlooked as a problem for many years, reloading has resulted in many casualties due to soldiers' hands shaking or errors such as dropped magazines, magazines placed in the pistol backwards, or empty magazines placed back into the weapon. The stress state induced by a life-threatening situation causes soldiers to do things they would not otherwise do. Consistent, repeated training is needed to avoid such mistakes.
NOTE: These procedures should be used only in combat, not on firing ranges. Develop a consistent method for carrying magazines in the ammunition pouches. All magazines should face down with the bullets facing forward and to the center of the body. b. Know when to reload. When possible, count the number of rounds fired. However, it is possible to lose count in close combat. If this happens, there is a distinct difference in recoil of the pistol when the last round has been fired. Change magazines when two rounds may be left--one in the magazine and one in the chamber. This prevents being caught with an empty weapon at a crucial time. Reloading is faster with a round in the chamber since time is not needed to release the slide .c. Obtain a firm grip on the magazine. This precludes the magazine being dropped or difficulty in getting the magazine into the weapon. Ensure the knuckles of the hand are toward the body while gripping as much of the magazine as possible. Place the index finger high on the front of the magazine when withdrawing from the pouch. Use the index finger to guide the magazine into the magazine well .d. Know which reloading procedure to use for the tactical situation. There are three systems of reloading: rapid, tactical, and one-handed.

Back