testtest

Avoid Talking Yourself Into Handcuffs: What Not to Say After a Self-Defense Incident

Good information. 911 operators will continue asking questions and demand you stay on the line until the PoPo arrive so hanging up on them after requesting assistance is a must. Designed and trained to get you to blurt, on tape, while you are under pressure and not thinking. And it is not unheard of for the operator to not, or at least threaten to not send help if you do not stay on the line answering (unnecessary) questions.

One thing: are there no disclosure requirements for posting advertisements?

Good information. 911 operators will continue asking questions and demand you stay on the line until the PoPo arrive so hanging up on them after requesting assistance is a must. Designed and trained to get you to blurt, on tape, while you are under pressure and not thinking. And it is not unheard of for the operator to not, or at least threaten to not send help if you do not stay on the line answering (unnecessary) questions.

One thing: are there no disclosure requirements for posting advertisements?

"One thing: are there no disclosure requirements for posting advertisements?"

- Head on over to Armory Life's "Home" page. Towards bottom, there in general info there's many topics covered. Generally speaking from what's been read and understood on advertising is in how. Advertisement should be tied to relevant info and experience for the betterment of our group. Not just a blatant "Buy this" advertisement because it's better than another best whatever. Is only my interpretation and understanding.

For best results: Read, look, shake, stir, be respectful and have a good time! :)

I have always found that looking at how law enforcement officers react to officer-involved shootings can serve as an effective guide. In the majority of police departments, officers involved in a shooting only have to answer a few "Public Safety" questions prior to meeting with their attorney and writing a formal statement. These questions are different versions of; (1) "How many shots did you fire and in what direction?"; (2) "Are there any additional suspects on the loose?"; and (3) "Do you know of anyone else who might be injured?" These questions generally must be answered by officers at the scene so that investigators can locate anyone who poses a danger to the public, or any parties that may be injured.

Civilians are not under any obligation to answer any questions at all without an attorney present. If someone involved in a shooting chooses to speak with police, I would not recommend providing any information beyond the answers to these three questions and your basic identification prior to meeting with an attorney. It is quite possible for a shooter to state that they feared for their life or the life of another innocent party at the time they acted, and that they would like to speak with their attorney before answering any more questions, without appearing rude or combative. Civilians need to be mindful that they are most likely being filmed, and I would recommend being as polite and respectful as possible when asserting your rights. You are within your rights to say, "F you, I don't have to tell you anything!", but it might not play well to a jury or a DA deciding if he or she should file charges in relation to a shooting.

I have always found that looking at how law enforcement officers react to officer-involved shootings can serve as an effective guide. In the majority of police departments, officers involved in a shooting only have to answer a few "Public Safety" questions prior to meeting with their attorney and writing a formal statement. These questions are different versions of; (1) "How many shots did you fire and in what direction?"; (2) "Are there any additional suspects on the loose?"; and (3) "Do you know of anyone else who might be injured?" These questions generally must be answered by officers at the scene so that investigators can locate anyone who poses a danger to the public, or any parties that may be injured.

Civilians are not under any obligation to answer any questions at all without an attorney present. If someone involved in a shooting chooses to speak with police, I would not recommend providing any information beyond the answers to these three questions and your basic identification prior to meeting with an attorney. It is quite possible for a shooter to state that they feared for their life or the life of another innocent party at the time they acted, and that they would like to speak with their attorney before answering any more questions, without appearing rude or combative. Civilians need to be mindful that they are most likely being filmed, and I would recommend being as polite and respectful as possible when asserting your rights. You are within your rights to say, "F you, I don't have to tell you anything!", but it might not play well to a jury or a DA deciding if he or she should file charges in relation to a shooting.
Good words and advice.

That's good advice. I always advise people to politely invoke their constitutional right to silence and get an attorney. Always be polite but don't say anything.

Very good advice, and sadly in the way this country is going having or at the very least talking to a lawyer is very good advice. If you carry routinely, I would talk to a lawyer that deals in self defense. Find one that is reputable locally, explain that you carry and if an incessant were to occur 24/7 365 would he be available. Law Shield, NRA, ect. Hope it never happens but if it were to you don’t want to be caught up saying “what now”

Also agree with details, minor details. Stories get misconstrued so badly. If an incident happens near a place that has cameras, request video footage.

On the human or other side?
One of the reasons to be polite and respectful to officers or others in general? These people who are trained to be in law enforcement are also trained to be trouble shooters, to spot it, solve it and sometimes to live in it. Looking for trouble and how to possibly solve it becomes second nature and also sometimes a whole way of life. Troubleshooting wears on the nerves after awhile. Can even disrupt having a good time sometimes if not careful. Almost like a disease. Not adding to the job's stress is appreciated by some. Not so much by others in the profession. You may never know which will show up?

Back