testtest

Awesome young man!

well... the guy appeared to be pitching a fit, tossed some items around and was leaving. The news reporter really laid on the drama in her description but they typically do. He essentially detained the guy with force... the conflict seemed to be over and the offending individual was leaving. If some manner of citizens arrest is what someone wants to get involved with... fine. I am not sure what the laws say in that particular jurisdiction or if the law offers any immunity toward good Samaritans but in my humble opinion, trying to capture or detain someone who is "seemingly" no longer engaged in violent conduct, can be a good way to get sued. Especially if the offender claims some protracted injury, nerve damage, loss of function. This over what? Some guy tossing around some cigarettes. I understand the whole morale highground and all that business but potentially risking your livelihood over jackassery, is not really something I consider a good idea.

And then some left leaning liberal prosecutor will find something wrong with the way the good guy intervenes and all hell breaks loose on the good guy ... it matters little how justified he is/was, or how many others he protected. He'll sometimes be railroaded into bankruptcy, or jailed for totally unreasonable amounts of time. Just how is a good Samaritan supposed to protect himself while trying to protect others less capable than he is.

Just look at what's happened to Daniel Penney. He took down a crazed man in the NY subway when the man was intimidating others on the train while acting in a crazed and wild manner. The crazed man was screaming to the others how he would hurt/kill them and how he didn't care if he went to prison or even if he was killed. It's little doubt the man was having mental issues and/or drug problems, but he could have in fact hurt a lot of people had he literally gone off the deep end. If Daniel had waited until that happened it probably would have been too late. Some totally innocent folks could/would have been seriously hurt or worse. Unfortunately the crazed man was ultimately killed. Whether intentional or not, it was his fault and his alone.

Now I don't believe in nor tolerate bullying or vigilantism. But the innocent people on the street must come first in these type instances. Everyone in that subway car said the same thing ... they were scared of the crazed man and afraid for their lives. But the forces that be these days seem to always want to punish the good guy for simply trying to be the good guy.

In the above case the guy might have been done with his tirade and walked on out ... then again he may have gone off the deep end, changed his mind and in an instant pulled a gun and shot up a bunch of people. There's literally no way the good guy can know ahead of time what the bad guy's next move is going to be and at some point he has to decide to either intervene or risk innocent people being hurt.

Back