testtest

Ayoob Writes About the Guns of a Great Writer

Even being a retired Homicide Investigator, the movie was disturbing enough I told the Bride, she best not watch as she always likes happy endings only... At least the character Bardem played displayed he had his standards regardless of those of Society. The sad part is realizing that Tommy Lee's character struck home leaving the Force 18 years ago, the changes with just HR and IT alone. Not to even include the farce from George Floyd on with the selective use of body-cam and phone footage, burying the 8 minutes prior to the 8 minutes following...

Yeah the current use of Body-cams has proven the crap Society can inflict on those chosen to enforce its laws. I realize my max of 2-3 warnings prior to ending the situation would be considered harsh, as the bad guy just emboldens himself with lack of consequence with pleas of compliance. Different time and in the South was better...

The gun accuracy is always a pleasant surprise and seems to be getting better with the non-green screen films using reenactors' and their weapons in some current productions.
 
Last edited:
Between this article & the tomahawk vs. hatchet we're getting some good stuff up in here! It seems I have somehow skipped over any reading of "Blood Meridian" and plan to remedy that soon. I've used the Anton Chigurh "If the rule you followed" quote several times in conversations and it never fails to delight. Some have never heard it and and immediately bog down and those who've seen the movie crack up.
 
I actually lived just outside of Las Vegas, NM where that movie was made when it was filmed. The US-Mexico port of entry scenes were at the edge of town. I had to make a run for who I worked for and saw the port of entry and asked the other guys at work when I got back if I had missed something in the news. The scenes of Bardem and Woody Harrelson were filmed in the Plaza Hotel just across the street from the building that was Walt Longmire's office. Yes Longmire was filmed there also.
 
I actually lived just outside of Las Vegas, NM where that movie was made when it was filmed. The US-Mexico port of entry scenes were at the edge of town. I had to make a run for who I worked for and saw the port of entry and asked the other guys at work when I got back if I had missed something in the news. The scenes of Bardem and Woody Harrelson were filmed in the Plaza Hotel just across the street from the building that was Walt Longmire's office. Yes Longmire was filmed there also.
Ah Damn as I noticed it used in the Longmire series and having stayed there a couple times is nice to see it is still relevant...
 
Back
Top