testtest

Back to Basics with Bullseye Shooting

Good article on back to basics shooting bullseye

Good read. I think we all go thru cycles of shooting poorly. For me, I can get complacent. I have to just slow down, load only 3 rounds and just focus on hitting the bullseye at 3,7,10,15 yards. Then i move on to some rapid fire, draw and movement practice.
both slow/steady and rapid fire accuracy can be lost without staying in fundamental practice.

This article is spot on. There's a reason why I shoot so much, you know, beside the fact that it is extremely soothing and enjoyable to me.

Sometimes I forget small things about certain guns I haven't shot in a few weeks. When that happens it usually only takes me 2 or 3 shots before I remember. Before I do any drilling I always shoot a round freehand anyway. For the most part anything up to 25 yards and especially stuff at 7-15 yards I'm pretty solid. I guarantee you if I didn't shoot for a month that would begin to degrade. I've watched it happen. If I shot as much as I currently do and only ever shot or trained with one handgun I'd probably be a pretty decent shot.

Good read. I think we all go thru cycles of shooting poorly. For me, I can get complacent. I have to just slow down, load only 3 rounds and just focus on hitting the bullseye at 3,7,10,15 yards. Then i move on to some rapid fire, draw and movement practice.
both slow/steady and rapid fire accuracy can be lost without staying in fundamental practice.
I load 5 rounds myself. I like taking that breather and thinking about what I'm doing, rather than blazing through a box of 50 and then wondering why I was all over the place. I warm up with the 3x5 card drill.

Back