testtest

Background check mishap

Hey there guys and gals...I recently went and purchased a new handgun from Cabellas, filled out the background check, sales person double checked my info plus his manager as well. Back ground check came back within 3 minutes payed for it and u was out the door. Get a call today, 4 days later that I have to go back in with the firearm and redo the background check because there was a letter missing in my last name.
Has anyone had this happen to them?

I've never been called back for a typo. There was a period late last year during which I kept getting delayed for a couple days. I never got any explanation for why; it surprised me when it happened since I'm a citizen with a clean record who hasn't renounced his citizenship or been found mentally defective. Then a couple months later it was back to normal.

I've never been called back but I have definitely made a few typos over the years but this has always been picked during the application process and corrected then.
I've never been called back either, and I've gone through quite a few BGCs in my time. The two times at Cabelas for my 3 guns (2 the first visit, 1 the second), were done at a computer station they set up to gather the information, do the check, and if successful, print the forms for signage. Most typos I've caught myself, and those caught by LGS, had me cross out, correct and initial in those cases. But I'm perplexed on how each LGS has their own standard on how these forms must be filled out. One wants the birth month spelled out, while others say using numbers are sufficient. I asked why it was this way one time, and the sales guy said "it's required by the ATF" if/when they do an audit, and supposedly can effect the BGC as well (which isn't true since using numbers for birth month has never caused a problem for me before).
This case could be a new policy Cabelas implemented for the new forms that some of the sales people aren't quite familiar with yet. Each place seems to have their own specific way they want the forms filled out.

Its no issue, ive had it happen. This seems to happen when there is a lot going on. I actually had one call back where they forgot to charge me, they had a sale and in the rush just let me go on receiving of the proceed notification.

I Never had an issue but I was waiting behind someone when I purchased a gun at an Academy Sports store in Texas, he was denied and literally freaked out, started screaming and caused such scene the police were called. After they dragged him away actually kicking and screaming I asked the counter guy why he was denied. He told me he really wasn’t denied but his application was put on hold because of his name for further review. My guess his outburst resulted in him not getting the gun.
Anyway I walked out 20 minutes later with no problem.

The shop I go to uses an iPad and software to fill out the 4473 form, all done electronically, no paper work, then you electronically sign it, and they use my CCW for background check. When you finish the 4473, it then let’s you go over it to make sure all is ok, and if you miss something, it will let you know.

The shop I go to uses an iPad and software to fill out the 4473 form, all done electronically, no paper work, then you electronically sign it, and they use my CCW for background check. When you finish the 4473, it then let’s you go over it to make sure all is ok, and if you miss something, it will let you know.
Yea we went over it and I didn't pick up any mistakes. Paid for it and walked out the door, just never heard of anyone being called to take the gun back to redo the paper work.

Back