testtest

Backup plan, are you ready....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Do you have any kind of backup plan in case your EDC gun fails in a situation? I usually care my knife. My brother carries a small .25 auto in case his main gun fails. I am not much for the .25 myself though. I have thought of carrying a second weapon just in case. Was looking at one of the Bond Arms model called Backup, comes in either .45 or 9mm.

A small revolver usually close at hand (though not necessarily “on body”) is usually my go to. It’s usually in the car or in a bag etc....
Also a knife and hand to hand training go a long way....

I use my backup rape whistle.

Because some woman just won't take NO for an answer!🤣

Screenshot_20200210-141454_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any kind of backup plan in case your EDC gun fails in a situation? I usually care my knife. My brother carries a small .25 auto in case his main gun fails. I am not much for the .25 myself though. I have thought of carrying a second weapon just in case. Was looking at one of the Bond Arms model called Backup, comes in either .45 or 9mm.

I always have at least 3 knives on me and sometimes I will have 4 if you include the small chive I sometimes carry.

One thing I don't understand and I have heard many say this ... I have an extra mag , or I have an extra gun in the truck/car. If a person were to need it , what good would it do in the car/truck if you are 100 yards or even 100 feet from that car/truck?

If you are in a situation that requires you to use your firearm and it goes down chances are it will be game over before you will be able to use your backup be it a knife or secondary firearm, violence happens and ends quickly. 99% of the time it's over in mere minutes.

Just a thought,

Do we sometimes over carry and burden ourselves with added weight from backup items for a situation that will most likely never occur?

Last edited:
Good Lord.... 10mm is going to be sent to his room.
Guns are so taboo here, as well as any other weapon, having more than one weapon you would be branded a terrorist. I would have to just use the car as my plan B

Last edited:
Good Lord.... 10mm is going to be sent to his room.
Guns are so taboo here, as well as any other weapon, having more than one weapon you would be branded a terrorist. I would have to just use the car as my plan B
In Massachusetts if you use your car to defend yourself against an armed dangerous felon the snowflakes in the court system there would make you out to be some kinda crazed vigilante who mowed down a poor miss understood down on his luck innocent victim and accuse you of unfairly using your assault car!

Last edited:
I don't carry a backup unless hunting, when I may carry a sidearm to go along with my rifle or shotgun. I try to weigh need versus risk, and like 10mm said, you can get so obsessed with a backup to the backup that you walk around burdened. If it is that bad, I won't go there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back