testtest

Bad bad bad precedent: Remington settles lawsuit with families

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Wow!
Firearms makers just got whip lashed by Remington.
Auto Maker and Adult beverage companies better keep an eye out for DUI lawsuits if this Remington payout becomes accepted practice

Sorry Killer but I posted a thread also not seeing yours.
Very bad for everyone involved.

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an estimated 31,720 people died in traffic accidents in the first 9 months of 2021. You think the car manufacturers will roll over should families start suing because vehicles are dangerous and can kill? How about Stanley Black and Decker hammers? The last homicide my son investigated was committed with a hammer. You think the victim's family could make a case that Stanley should have known that hammers could be used as murder weapons and taken more care to see that their hammers were not purchased by those with ill intent? The list could go on and on. Perhaps schools should put less emphasis on reading and writing and start concentrating more on teaching about the concept of "common sense" and how to use it. But I know that I'm preaching to the choir here.

1644960748382.jpeg

Agree 100%, but the manufacturer is not at fault for faulty equipment in this case.
It was used for malicious purposes.

So now we can sue Benchmade and Wusthof Knives when folks get stabbed ???

I feel horrible for the victims, but you cannot blame the tool.
And you are absolutely correct in all honesty the parents were at fault and the mother was the first to loose her life for being stupid, remember this is Connecticut and common sense has no foot hold in that state and likely anywhere else for that matter.

Let me take a stab at this one; my recollection of this case is it was brought because of the way Remington marketed it's rifles, using things like "Take your man card back" to get people to buy Bushmaster ARs. It wasn't because of the products themselves, it was becuase they were marketing the products to people in such a way as to target people whio feel slighted and weak as a means to be strong again. Well, it worked. A sick kids bought a Bushmaster and used it to kill a bunch of people.

If Benchmade or Wusthof put out ads marketing their knives with something like "stop feeling afraid he'll hit you in the kitchen! Buy Wusthof!" and then some wife stabs her husband to death with a Wusthof paring knife, you might have a good comparison.

How are any of the parents of murdered kids at fault? Killer's mom, sure. But any of the kids at school? Trying to make their parents at fault in some way is messed up.

Let me take a stab at this one; my recollection of this case is it was brought because of the way Remington marketed it's rifles, using things like "Take your man card back" to get people to buy Bushmaster ARs. It wasn't because of the products themselves, it was becuase they were marketing the products to people in such a way as to target people whio feel slighted and weak as a means to be strong again. Well, it worked. A sick kids bought a Bushmaster and used it to kill a bunch of people.

If Benchmade or Wusthof put out ads marketing their knives with something like "stop feeling afraid he'll hit you in the kitchen! Buy Wusthof!" and then some wife stabs her husband to death with a Wusthof paring knife, you might have a good comparison.

How are any of the parents of murdered kids at fault? Killer's mom, sure. But any of the kids at school? Trying to make their parents at fault in some way is messed up.
You have some of your facts wrong, the mother and father bought all the firearms that the son who was documented as being mentally disabled had unlimited and unsecured access to.
This most likely wouldn’t have happened if the mother who locked the gun safe didn’t tell the son where the key was.

You have some of your facts wrong, the mother and father bought all the firearms that the son who was documented as being mentally disabled had unlimited and unsecured access to.
This most likely wouldn’t have happened if the mother who locked the gun safe didn’t tell the son where the key was.
Ok, I'll accept the correction. Did they buy the rifle on behalf of their son, or did Mom and Dad buy it for themselves?

For there son while they were married then got divorced and the son lived with his mother in the house with all the guns.
Hmm...

So it was still the messed up kid who chose the rifle, works against Remington though I don't have information about WHY he chose a Bushmaster. Perhaps the advertising was not part of his decision making process, perhaps it was. I don't know. Yes, Mom and Dad could probably have prevented the whole thing.

Hmm...

So it was still the messed up kid who chose the rifle, works against Remington though I don't have information about WHY he chose a Bushmaster. Perhaps the advertising was not part of his decision making process, perhaps it was. I don't know. Yes, Mom and Dad could probably have prevented the whole thing.
So easily preventable it adds to the pain of the tragedy.

Back