testtest

Bad end to a great hunting trip

Sld1959

Hellcat
We woke up this morning to find out that my nephews truck was broken into overnight. He has a habit of storing his hunting clothes out in his truck hanging up on hangers, so he lost all of that, and his spare tire and a tool box. Seems three cabins on the road were done last night.

1669527913925.gif

We woke up this morning to find out that my nephews truck was broken into overnight. He has a habit of storing his hunting clothes out in his truck hanging up on hangers, so he lost all of that, and his spare tire and a tool box. Seems three cabins on the road were done last night.
good thing he didn't keep any of his guns in that truck as well.

doesn't matter anymore where you live, where you go, thugs are like roaches, they are everywhere.

might have been someone that lives near there, to make a fast getaway back to his/thier home.

common thieves may (ot may not) know the area enough to start meandering around unknown places, and not have an escape plan.

I told the boys, yes it's terrible and you rightfully feel violated snd very angry, but, we came out of it about as well as we could have without them being caught.

Ryan, the other nephew makes about a half dozen trips a night out to smoke, and all of us including the 12 yo made trips to the outhouse. We could have easily surprised them in the act and been attacked possibly being grievously injured. Everything stolen is easily replaced, albeit at a cost. Nothing stolen was irreplaceable.

Good that there wasn’t any confrontation.
Dirtbags may have made off with the goods but a lesson was learned by never again leave anything in a vehicle. I don’t trust valets or mechanics, I won’t even leave a nickel in the cupholder...and especially - if you have one…a garage door opener.
It can be extra work but loading up ahead of time for an early start the next day or failing to take everything indoors coming in late isn’t worth the trouble anymore.

Can never let the guard down anywhere. Creepy unwashed vagrant opportunists are allowed to roam and operate freely and if caught red handed get inconvenienced (maybe long enough for a meal and a nap) and then go unpunished.

A well seasoned cockroach thief spend time all day stalking and watching, knows where to find the best location to pillage, no neighbors, no lights, no barking dogs and most of all…no police. They were likely looking for equipment left in vehicles, not so much guns but everything else.
Head on over to the nearest pawn shop, might find your stuff.

Had some friends head down south on their epic mountain motorcycle roadtrip. One overnight stay, they all had their gas tanks siphoned in the middle of nowhere. They didn’t realized until the first bike ran out miles down the road the next morning. Six gallon tanks x 5 mc’s, maybe thief got away with 20 gallons and back then gas was well below $2 gal, maybe $1.50 in rurals.

Back