testtest

Bad luck again

Yep. There are plenty of other brands out there. Part of the buying process is that they will take care of the product if it fails. This was a Performance pistol and I hoped they had paid better attention to detail. Since they didn't it had to be returned and customer service just leaves you hanging there. Maybe the jerks in Massachusetts won't be moving with them when they move out of state. Other than Ruger I have never had to send a gun in to be repaired. Ruger took care of issue with no problems. Smith employee didn't care and left me hanging, in that aspect why should I give them my business to help pay that employee. Yes they lost a customer and if people don't agree with my reasoning I don't care. Its my gun and my opinion.
Kimber CS is also real bad, my Micro 9 hammer chipped where it meets the slide during recoil, told me it was normal, no it isn’t, guide rod bent after 2nd box of ammo, CS said it my my negligence and they wasn’t going to warrant it, so yea, I feel the same, BTW I got rid of my 2 Kimber 1911’s….so I know how you feel @nmedge

Kimber CS is also real bad, my Micro 9 hammer chipped where it meets the slide during recoil, told me it was normal, no it isn’t, guide rod bent after 2nd box of ammo, CS said it my my negligence and they wasn’t going to warrant it, so yea, I feel the same, BTW I got rid of my 2 Kimber 1911’s….so I know how you feel @nmedge
Yeah I also experienced Kimber customer service a few years back and I too do not own any more Kimbers anymore. Every time I had an issue they said "its normal".

i find that interesting what you went thru with your Kimber.

i have a Kimber Custom II 1911.

it wasn't running right, i called and spoke to CS. (this is at thier new location down south, AL, AR...???)

he said send it to them.

they replaced the trigger, reamed the chamber, polished the barrel, adjusted the extractor, polished the feed ramp, a few other things, i do not have the work order with me right now, and it was back inside of 2 weeks....in fact when i bought the gun, it had a plastic MSH, and i had replaced it, they never mentioned anything to me about it, like voiding the warranty, etc.....

i was totally satisfied

i'll buy another Kimber.

it wasn't running right, i called and spoke to CS. (this is at thier new location down south, AL, AR...???)

he said send it to them.

they replaced the trigger, reamed the chamber, polished the barrel, adjusted the extractor, polished the feed ramp, a few other things, i do not have the work order with me right now, and it was back inside of 2 weeks....in fact when i bought the gun, it had a plastic MSH, and i had replaced it, they never mentioned anything to me about it, like voiding the warranty, etc.....

i was totally satisfied

i'll buy another Kimber.
Glad you had great service but as you can see I wasn't the only one with issues. When I worked for LGS that was one of the main reasons people shied away from Kimber-lousey customer support.

he said send it to them.

i was totally satisfied

i'll buy another Kimber.
I owned two Kimber Custom II and they ran flawlessly right out of the box.

I owned two Kimber Custom II and they ran flawlessly right out of the box.
yeah, for whatever reason, no consistent ejections, failure to feed, failure to fire...but this was after maybe 100 rounds thru it.

i was thinking maybe "some time" to break in, but it was getting ridiculous.

then the issues became more consistent, to the point of me wanting to get rid of it.

but 1 call to CS, and it was a done deal, and it runs like a Timex watch

what surprised me was the super fast turn around time for what was done, including shipping to them, then back to me...!!.

the CS guy, told me turn around times "can be up to 4 weeks".....

but less than 2 weeks..????

kool...... :love:

i will buy another in the future.

When I started my "got to get armed up to protect me & mine", my LGS told me that if I wanted 'pretty' buy a Kimber. If I wanted to save my life, buy a Springfield.

Now with Ronin .45 and Range Officer Elite .45 I feel safer than pretty.

If you want to buy a Kimber, that's on you. For me, it's anything but Taurus or Kimber -- MY OPINION ONLY -- YOUR MILAGE MY VARY.

When I started my "got to get armed up to protect me & mine", my LGS told me that if I wanted 'pretty' buy a Kimber. If I wanted to save my life, buy a Springfield.

Now with Ronin .45 and Range Officer Elite .45 I feel safer than pretty.

If you want to buy a Kimber, that's on you. For me, it's anything but Taurus or Kimber -- MY OPINION ONLY -- YOUR MILAGE MY VARY.
And honestly you still get a very good looking firearm from Springfield.

I’ve had nothing but good luck with my SA guns, everyone I’ve purchased have run with no issues from round one now full disclosure I haven’t purchased a semi auto handgun from another manufacturer in years except for a Glock which ran fine but just didn’t “fit” me and was traded in for my Taurus Revolver which I’m very happy with.

Back