testtest

Barrel Conversion

Arm3176

Alpha
I recently picked up a compact 10mm elite and am enjoying it, but I have to special order all range ammo due to lack of 10mm available locally. I have plenty of 40 and it is readily available on the shelves. I would be interested in shooting 40 if possible. Does anyone know if dropping in an aftermarket 40 xdm compact barrel would work? I am not interested in shooting 40 cal in my 10mm barrel due to the difference in head spacing, so that is not an option for me. I appreciate the insight.

Now I know you're asking about a compact elite, but just thought I'd share some info with you. My Glock 20 cycles 40 all day long! I've run about 200rnds of .40 S&W through my model 20. My brother has put at least 5000 .40 S&W through his G model 20. some say it's bad for the pistol Some say it's not bad at all and others say its only hard on the extrator (witch is only a ten dollar part through Glock) but they say it takes 20,000 rounds to ruin the extractor. I don't know for sure myself, but my brother has pumped a lot of .40 cal through his mod 20 and it still performs fine. Head space, extractor, everything is still fine. I won't dare put it through my 1911 though. I've been told 1911's in 10mm wont cycle .40 worth a darn and I'm not about to test that theory! Kind of useless info for you in regards to your question, but wut the heck'nshoot! It's all the info I got on the subject! 😂

Last edited:
Back