testtest

Barrel XDM Elite OSP

MATT071791

Operator
Picked up my new elite last night and noticed this on the barrel feed ramp. Should I be worried? Havent shot it yet, but it chambers rounds just fine. I dont think it will affect opertion. Would you send it in? Really dont wanna send it in since I just got it.
BARREL.jpg

Hmmm. That is definitely not one would expect to see on a brand new out of the box firearm. I would expect that on a used gun where it had feed issues, and a round nosedived into the base of the ramp really hard on an attempt to chamber the round. Is the damaged area blued, or raw metal? I am wondering if it was damaged when they fired a test round at the factory. Either way, this is poor quality control, and I personally would contact Springfield about it, and see if they can ship you a new barrel.

Hmmm. That is definitely not one would expect to see on a brand new out of the box firearm. I would expect that on a used gun where it had feed issues, and a round nosedived into the base of the ramp really hard on an attempt to chamber the round. Is the damaged area blued, or raw metal? I am wondering if it was damaged when they fired a test round at the factory. Either way, this is poor quality control, and I personally would contact Springfield about it, and see if they can ship you a new barrel.
Looks like raw metal to me.

Back