testtest

Baseline Medical for You and Your Group

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
At some point, everyone has probably heard the basics such as direct pressure, and knows that bandages & tourniquets are things. However, there’s a significant difference between knowing that a thing exists and actually knowing how to use it in a real emergency.

1701488521854.png

I always, always have a "kit" with me at the range. As a LEO I have basic skills and luckily I work with some great paramedics over the years and by helping out on calls I have learned a lot. One thing I can say and "highly" recommend to anyone is take a Stop the Bleed class. I took it 3 times. They are "free" and at least in my area they run them about once a month. Just my two cents...

Bassbob is right. My youngest daughter is a trauma physician. A couple years ago she agreed to give some training to the range safety officers at a local range. They were most appreciative as there were first aid supplies (much lacking) at the range but a lack of training on how to use it. Training and an emergency plan for your range officers and anyone who spends a lot of time on the range is important. I call it 10-minute medicine-stop the bleeding and treat for shock till the first responders arrive.

Bassbob is right. My youngest daughter is a trauma physician. A couple years ago she agreed to give some training to the range safety officers at a local range. They were most appreciative as there were first aid supplies (much lacking) at the range but a lack of training on how to use it. Training and an emergency plan for your range officers and anyone who spends a lot of time on the range is important. I call it 10-minute medicine-stop the bleeding and treat for shock till the first responders arrive.
I would love to find someone around here who would do that.

Back