testtest

batteries and more batteries

rechargeable or not

• rechargeable

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • single use

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Old me, wasn’t trying to offend or put anyone else’s posts down. I thought we were just sharing our viewpoints .. “handle guns much ?? respect what they can do if you’re careless ??” Wow. No place did I say lithium batteries never run down , dude .. if u think I’m attacking you, my apologies but just talking here, maybe use that CBD toilet paper & calm ur ass down, eh?

not really feeling offended at all......i am dead set against the gooberment brainwashing people into this "green environmental BS", with no answers to what happens to the end of life for that device.

but too, for you to have said.."gun crazy people" really wasn't a good thing either...too many anti 2 A groups monitor nearly all gun websites. way too many good people here to give out good advice, not gun crazy people.

THAT i do take offense to however......guns are serious business, far too many times i have read from newbies (maybe younger than you) saying they cannot wait to take thier new gun home and "play with it"

"play with it"...???

toys are to be played with, not guns....

how are we as the gun sporting and owners supposed to earn respect, when there are "crazy gun owners, playing with thier guns"?

it galls me to no end how some don't seem to think guns are not serious business....and each and every day, the anti 2 A crowd WIN at whittling away our rights.

you're good......not angry or upset with you as a person, only what you had said.

not really feeling offended at all......i am dead set against the gooberment brainwashing people into this "green environmental BS", with no answers to what happens to the end of life for that device.

but too, for you to have said.."gun crazy people" really wasn't a good thing either...too many anti 2 A groups monitor nearly all gun websites. way too many good people here to give out good advice, not gun crazy people.

THAT i do take offense to however......guns are serious business, far too many times i have read from newbies (maybe younger than you) saying they cannot wait to take thier new gun home and "play with it"

"play with it"...???

toys are to be played with, not guns....

how are we as the gun sporting and owners supposed to earn respect, when there are "crazy gun owners, playing with thier guns"?

it galls me to no end how some don't seem to think guns are not serious business....and each and every day, the anti 2 A crowd WIN at whittling away our rights.

you're good......not angry or upset with you as a person, only what you had said.
Agree w/ ur observations on the power hungry lunatics who use logic as maybe an afterthought at best - living in western NY where Chuck Schumer ‘represents’ my state, I’m well versed w/ anti gunners & elite Ivy League mindsets that live in fantasy land ( Cornell, Syracuse, UB, U of R ) - thx 4 the heads-up elitist thinking goofballs troll our gun forums looking for more reasons misguidedly ( prolly not a word ) trying to make us “safe” although a less triggered response may’ve been okay too - handling firearms is an enormous responsibility & a very big decision, especially 4 non LEO & armed service background peeps as it carries dire life changing, LITERALLY !! consequences to all involved. Perhaps firing a response from an emotional trigger ( like the unfortunate choice of my words ‘gun crazy’ ) can add to a trollers beliefs we are already half cocked & shouldn’t be trusted to own them, follow me ?? Irrespective of anything else, we can have differing feelings & ideas on the best ammo weights, calibers, gear, manufacturers of projectile launchers, but at days end, we will all be losing if we aren’t more united towards each other.
There will always be immature people who will let their excitement get the best of them - age doesn’t mean maturity always, right ?

So yeah Bassman is right that we’re here for guns & stuff but the thread was started with batteries & his thoughts about them & some of us shared or posted & here we are.
‘Precise y’all letting me babble on. I am also enjoying learning what my fellow gun enthusiasts do & have. If I cross any lines, feel free to call me out cuz I’ve been known to make a few mistakes here & there ( & everywhere to quote Dr Suess ! )

I have a cordless drill (Black and Decker), a cordless hedge trimmer/pole saw/small chainsaw (Ryobi) that use the same battery, and a cordless mini reciprocating saw (Milwaukee) that I use for our underground sprinkler system piping for repairs. Everything else is gas powered, including my riding mower (Cub Cadet). Cordless has its uses. Every other power tool I have is corded. I also have pneumatic tools for automotive work. I don't use cordless for "going green", and my corded have more power and don't run out of juice. Unless the power goes out. There is no right or wrong way of doing this.

With certain batteries getting higher and higher and some hard to find I've been using rechargeable in almost everything (optics, flashlights, wml and tv remotes). Surefire gets really expensive and holds less charge than other rechargeable batteries (even high drain type). I've had some cr123a recharge batteries for 6 years and are finally on their last leg from being charged from use 2-3 times per month. Also have some 18650's for about the same amount of time and still do a fair job, but ordered 10 more with even higher capacity. Don't waste money on store bought recharge types as most only hold half to 2/3's charge of others and aren't high drain. My $300 order will pay for itself in the 1st year easy.
I have a few 18650 batteries for two flashlights. I have a both charger and the flashlights have built in USB recharge.
They have strong lumens and I have charged them many times and still going strong.

I have since changed to 21700 batteries one year ago as they have a higher capacity. It uses a two 21700 batteries and have USB rechargeable flashlight.
They have very strong lumens with turbo and even higher capacity mAmp for a longer lasting charge.

I read some time ago that Tesla started using 18650 batteries with his EVs and they too now use 21700 batteries for their EVs.

I have a few 18650 batteries for two flashlights. I have a both charger and the flashlights have built in USB recharge.
They have strong lumens and I have charged them many times and still going strong.

I have since changed to 21700 batteries one year ago as they have a higher capacity. It uses a two 21700 batteries and have USB rechargeable flashlight.
They have very strong lumens with turbo and even higher capacity mAmp for a longer lasting charge.

I read some time ago that Tesla started using 18650 batteries with his EVs and they too now use 21700 batteries for their EVs.
I haven't seen what the 21700 batteries look like, but have seen flashlights online listed ad using them.

I haven't seen what the 21700 batteries look like, but have seen flashlights online listed ad using them.

1708776748437.png

This is where is buy my batteries:

‘Precise y’all letting me babble on. I am also enjoying learning what my fellow gun enthusiasts do & have. If I cross any lines, feel free to call me out cuz I’ve been known to make a few mistakes here & there ( & everywhere to quote Dr Suess ! )
we're good, and Dr. Seuss was a good doctor, or a good cartoon, whichever anyone prefers.

i get bent out of shape sometimes, and thanks to this moron state senator (lawmaker) in my state, saying what he did, maybe you might be able to understand more, as to why.......i get ticked off at such describing gun owners......??

"Body-cam footage shows Miller initially denied damaging the vehicle and telling officers he felt threatened by the SUV driver.

“He called out my name and I was worried he was one of the gun nuts who stalks me at the State House,” Miller told the responding officer."

and this Miller guy, also owns a restaurant, and got a law passed on banning those styrofoam take out containers, i hope he has plans on providing take out for his patrons at his place....

https://rhodeislandcurrent.com/2023...ng-obstruction-charge-in-car-keying-incident/

I have a cordless drill (Black and Decker), a cordless hedge trimmer/pole saw/small chainsaw (Ryobi) that use the same battery, and a cordless mini reciprocating saw (Milwaukee) that I use for our underground sprinkler system piping for repairs. Everything else is gas powered, including my riding mower (Cub Cadet). Cordless has its uses. Every other power tool I have is corded. I also have pneumatic tools for automotive work. I don't use cordless for "going green", and my corded have more power and don't run out of juice. Unless the power goes out. There is no right or wrong way of doing this.
this is true, corded power tools "generally" have more power then battery tools....then too, gas power has even more...

but there has been a major push to be rid of small gasoline engines...i have right now 3 gas powered snow-blowers/throwers, i ain't about to invest in a battery power unit, that simply cannot handle up to 12" of snow, then run out of juice after what an hour..??

on average even with my gas powered units, the area i have to clean up, is always 3 hours in duration, and that's for the fluffy snow...

add in wet snow, those 3 hours..?? turns into 5 maybe 6 instantly

rechargeable power tools have a use for the occasional work a homeowner does, but the cost is quite high, for what little time they are used. and by and large, not too many people think about grabbing a battery operated tool or flashlight, until they need one, meaning in time, those batteries "run down"

heck, i have a Garmin GPS, i rarely use, sitting on top on my pc right now, and the battery is DEAD.....a lithium battery at that..!!

last time i used this GPS...??

last month when i had to download an update..!!!!!!

(i just plugged it into the USB port, to recharge)

proving that many of us, just DO NOT pay attention to rechargeable batteries.

this is true, corded power tools "generally" have more power then battery tools....then too, gas power has even more...

but there has been a major push to be rid of small gasoline engines...i have right now 3 gas powered snow-blowers/throwers, i ain't about to invest in a battery power unit, that simply cannot handle up to 12" of snow, then run out of juice after what an hour..??

on average even with my gas powered units, the area i have to clean up, is always 3 hours in duration, and that's for the fluffy snow...

add in wet snow, those 3 hours..?? turns into 5 maybe 6 instantly

rechargeable power tools have a use for the occasional work a homeowner does, but the cost is quite high, for what little time they are used. and by and large, not too many people think about grabbing a battery operated tool or flashlight, until they need one, meaning in time, those batteries "run down"

heck, i have a Garmin GPS, i rarely use, sitting on top on my pc right now, and the battery is DEAD.....a lithium battery at that..!!

last time i used this GPS...??

last month when i had to download an update..!!!!!!

(i just plugged it into the USB port, to recharge)

proving that many of us, just DO NOT pay attention to rechargeable batteries.
RI ? Forgot about them on the list of communist states passing ‘progressive’ laws that are worse than useless - but work great aiding felons & crooks ( blue & white collar). I truly share ur pain. I think Rhode Island & Mass take the cake on worst gun friendly states- NY state is still up there & NYC ? A cesspool at the end of Hudson River for firearm friendliness !!
All rechargeable lithium batteries consist of are 18650 or higher capacity 21700 batteries linked together ( in series .. I think ) inside each housing. According to YouTube possible to repair/replace. Don’t know about small cell phone or GPS ones - also have a Garmin lithium battery that won’t hold jack 4 charge- irritating as all get out.

RI ? Forgot about them on the list of communist states passing ‘progressive’ laws that are worse than useless - but work great aiding felons & crooks ( blue & white collar). I truly share ur pain. I think Rhode Island & Mass take the cake on worst gun friendly states- NY state is still up there & NYC ? A cesspool at the end of Hudson River for firearm friendliness !!
All rechargeable lithium batteries consist of are 18650 or higher capacity 21700 batteries linked together ( in series .. I think ) inside each housing. According to YouTube possible to repair/replace. Don’t know about small cell phone or GPS ones - also have a Garmin lithium battery that won’t hold jack 4 charge- irritating as all get out.
yeah, the BS never ends, and what's so equally galling is the people that vote in the dumbocrats, biotch about the taxes, political graft, payoffs, and yet......still vote the SOB's in........

Just about everything i have uses rechargable batteries, some are non-replaceable. most of my flashlights use 18650 batteries and a lot of the weapon lights do too.
Yeah but remember when you used a big ole 2 or 3 D cell Maglite with your handgun held Harris technique while your forearms burned from holding that heavy thing steady while trying to see w/ that yellowish lite, full of dark uneven spots ?? Vast improvements since those days - or so I heard - not that I’m old enough to have experienced such things personally of course ..

Yeah but remember when you used a big ole 2 or 3 D cell Maglite with your handgun held Harris technique while your forearms burned from holding that heavy thing steady while trying to see w/ that yellowish lite, full of dark uneven spots ?? Vast improvements since those days - or so I heard - not that I’m old enough to have experienced such things personally of course ..
3 D cell batteries for a MagLite.??

pfftt.........

that's for sissies....

i had me a 5 D Cell Maglite...!!!!!!!!

summanabeech required an erector set to lift it.

if anyone got "clocked" with that thing, their lights went out.

i worked as a yardman, driver, watchman for a former trucking company......

no yard lights beyond the loading docks.

3 D cell batteries for a MagLite.??

pfftt.........

that's for sissies....

i had me a 5 D Cell Maglite...!!!!!!!!

summanabeech required an erector set to lift it.

if anyone got "clocked" with that thing, their lights went out.

i worked as a yardman, driver, watchman for a former trucking company......

no yard lights beyond the loading docks.
You must be strong like bull ..

Back