testtest

BB Guns now need an FFL in my state

”Metal projectile gun”…does the prohibition mean the gun is metal or the projectile is metal?
Plenty of things are capable of launching a projectile.

How jurisdictions can amend the FFL process for Non-firearms is unknown to me, but there are local ordinances for sure. Firearm by definition is firing a projectile by explosion.

Does an FFL use some sort of differnent form for BB/Pellet and Starter pistols? Is there some checkbox and are air guns required to have serial numbers?

There are some heavy hitting and expensive air rifles out there of varmint hunting. And some vicious urban critters use bb guns to commit crimes.

Ban BB guns… get these eye put’r-out’rs out our communities!
How long would it have taken Ralphie to save up for the FFL fee?

In NJ if I wanted a handgun airgun i would have to apply through the state police then through my township for the same permit as if i were getting a regular handgun.
If i wanted an air rifle it would have to be sent to an ffl and before taking possession i’d have to fill out a “certificate of eligibility” form.
Yup. That’s my state.

”Metal projectile gun”…does the prohibition mean the gun is metal or the projectile is metal?
Plenty of things are capable of launching a projectile.

How jurisdictions can amend the FFL process for Non-firearms is unknown to me, but there are local ordinances for sure. Firearm by definition is firing a projectile by explosion.

Does an FFL use some sort of differnent form for BB/Pellet and Starter pistols? Is there some checkbox and are air guns required to have serial numbers?

There are some heavy hitting and expensive air rifles out there of varmint hunting. And some vicious urban critters use bb guns to commit crimes.

Ban BB guns… get these eye put’r-out’rs out our communities!
How long would it have taken Ralphie to save up for the FFL fee?
the gun shoots metal projectiles.

In NJ if I wanted a handgun airgun i would have to apply through the state police then through my township for the same permit as if i were getting a regular handgun.
If i wanted an air rifle it would have to be sent to an ffl and before taking possession i’d have to fill out a “certificate of eligibility” form.
Yup. That’s my state.
i was told this is how the RI one is set up.

Back