testtest

Be a “Good Witness” or possibly save a life?

I’ll be a good witness thank you. I’m not a cop, sheriff’s deputy, or security guard, and I’m not a hero wannabe. The only reason I conceal carry is to defend myself or my family…period. For those who want to play real life cops and robbers you better think things through about the criminal justice system and the civil lawsuit system before you take action that might involve gunplay. The consequences can be life changing.

Although not the same scenario, heroic wannabe Kyle Rittenhouse is still being held in a detention center since the August shooting. Along with the criminal charges he faces there have also been civil rights violation lawsuits filed against him.

I’ll be a good witness thank you. I’m not a cop, sheriff’s deputy, or security guard, and I’m not a hero wannabe. The only reason I conceal carry is to defend myself or my family…period. For those who want to play real life cops and robbers you better think things through about the criminal justice system and the civil lawsuit system before you take action that might involve gunplay. The consequences can be life changing.

Although not the same scenario, heroic wannabe Kyle Rittenhouse is still being held in a detention center since the August shooting. Along with the criminal charges he faces there have also been civil rights violation lawsuits filed against him.
I got a CCW license but only for the satisfaction of having it. I have no intention to carry a gun outside of my home. Ever. There are better ways to stay alive than carrying a loaded gun. Plus, when two thugs are a couple of feet away and the third one is right behind and demand your wallet, the very last thing you want to do is to go for your gun. To the thugs, killing is like you taking a leak. They probably feel good, too.
Bottom line: I have no business being with my wife or alone where my concealed gun could be useful.

I got a CCW license but only for the satisfaction of having it. I have no intention to carry a gun outside of my home. Ever. There are better ways to stay alive than carrying a loaded gun. Plus, when two thugs are a couple of feet away and the third one is right behind and demand your wallet, the very last thing you want to do is to go for your gun. To the thugs, killing is like you taking a leak. They probably feel good, too.
Bottom line: I have no business being with my wife or alone where my concealed gun could be useful.
I've been beaten, stabbed, and shot at in the past, so my decision to carry to protect myself and my family are based on my life experiences. Plus I'm getting older and am not as agile as I once was.

Well shopping in a clothing store should be safe while out with your wife correct ?? So check out this story from 2008 here in Illinois ----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Bryant_shooting The thug had tied the women up in the back of the store.

The manager ( if I remember correctly ) was able to get loose and get to her purse where she had a cell phone. She was able to call 911 to get the police there . Before the police showed up , the thug had shot each of the women , killing all but one out of the six shot. If she would have had a handgun in her purse she most probably could have saved herself and the other women from getting shot and had a much different outcome to this tragedy

He got away without anyone seeing him leave the store.

Would you say these six women had no business being in a clothing store in the middle of the day????

Well shopping in a clothing store should be safe while out with your wife correct ?? So check out this story from 2008 here in Illinois ----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Bryant_shooting The thug had tied the women up in the back of the store.

The manager ( if I remember correctly ) was able to get loose and get to her purse where she had a cell phone. She was able to call 911 to get the police there. Before the police showed up , the thug had shot each of the women , killing all but one out of the six shot. If she would have had a handgun in her purse she most probably could have saved herself and the other women from getting shot and had a much different outcome to this tragedy

He got away without anyone seeing him leave the store.

Would you say these six women had no business being in a clothing store in the middle of the day????
No, I would not say THAT. I would say that a concealed gun in the purse of any of the six women would not be a factor. I can see how long it takes for my wife to fish out her smartphone from the bottom of that garbage container she calls her purse. To be a factor, you literally have to have it chambered and reachable within a second or two. Plus, women panic and scream - as if that ever helped.
Just curious, what percentage of the CCW holders, and what percentage of those who actually carry are women. I already know the answer, which made the question rhetorical. Just look at the stats how women love gun-hating Democrats and it is no wonder why they make such easy targets, their lack of physical strength aside.

More and more women are starting to carry every day and I think that is great. Most women who decide to get their license to carry don't just throw the gun in the bottom of their purse. Besides , most of them would pick a dedicated pocket in the purse to place the firearm.

The manager of the store was able to get her cell phone out of her purse so then it holds true that she would have been able to get a gun out also in time to be useful.

Plus, women panic and scream - as if that ever helped.

You like to paint with a very wide brush don't you?

No, I would not say THAT

You did say that! --> I have no business being with my wife or alone where my concealed gun could be useful.

I will say again , these women were in a lawful place of business , where no one would ever think there would be any reason for danger and yet 5 of the 6 women were killed by a thug. The woman was able to get her phone out of her purse , she could have gotten her handgun out and used it against their attacker.

One can be at odds with the people who should be in sync and for a very good reason.

As I already said, I have three guns and looking for a reason to buy number four - Ruger PC Charger. I am not sure what will be easier - to find it or to justify. Anyway, I go nuts - kind of - when I watch those YouTube videos showing how some gun champs can hit a target from 100 yards. Like who gives a ****. Self-defense is done from the maximum of 30 feet, not 300 - if for no other reason than some "social justice" a-hole DA looking to make a case for herself and be re-elected like that Foxx in Cook County. This is the part that is often lost when guns are discussed.

As somebody said, attached to every bullet fired in public, there is a 10,000-dollar lawyer fee. Or is it more?

More and more women are starting to carry every day and I think that is great. Most women who decide to get their license to carry don't just throw the gun in the bottom of their purse. Besides , most of them would pick a dedicated pocket in the purse to place the firearm.

The manager of the store was able to get her cell phone out of her purse so then it holds true that she would have been able to get a gun out also in time to be useful.

You like to paint with a very wide brush don't you?

You did say that! --> I have no business being with my wife or alone where my concealed gun could be useful.

I will say again, these women were in a lawful place of business, where no one would ever think there would be any reason for danger and yet 5 of the 6 women were killed by a thug. The woman was able to get her phone out of her purse , she could have gotten her handgun out and used it against their attacker.
No, I did not. Your question was about the six women. My comment was about ME and my wife. Huge difference.

Let’s say your in a Walmart at the register for check out and a couple registers down you see someone pull a gun on the cashier. You being a CCW holder do you react and pull yours or do you stand back and be a good witness?
It's a far more complex issue. You do not want to become catalyst that results in a shooting which leaves a cashier dead.

A shootout inside a Walmart has potential for carnage. No one wants to be the parent whose child died in a Walmart shootout.

An armed robber isn't likely to murder a cashier in front of many witnesses. He'd have to eliminate witnesses.

Reality is with cellular technology, cops would be en route at first sign of a handgun. Let trained professionals resolve such issue unless you're able to cogently articulate imminent death to a cashier.

My advice: let the armed robber walk out of Walmart. Never provoke an armed robber in to a shootout, especially inside of a crowded store.

I would be reacting. The sooner you react the greater the chance to bring it to an end quicker. The scary part is what some of these other CCW holders do. So many around here scare me at the range because they don't care about their muzzle awareness.
How do you know that?

Your reaction might initiate a gunfight inside a crowded store.

The wise would allow the armed robber to leave unobstructed. Money can be replaced Lives lost cannot.

One can be at odds with the people who should be in sync and for a very good reason.

As I already said, I have three guns and looking for a reason to buy number four - Ruger PC Charger. I am not sure what will be easier - to find it or to justify. Anyway, I go nuts - kind of - when I watch those YouTube videos showing how some gun champs can hit a target from 100 yards. Like who gives a ****. Self-defense is done from the maximum of 30 feet, not 300 - if for no other reason than some "social justice" a-hole DA looking to make a case for herself and be re-elected like that Foxx in Cook County. This is the part that is often lost when guns are discussed.

As somebody said, attached to every bullet fired in public, there is a 10,000-dollar lawyer fee. Or is it more?
The way you think is why you shouldn’t carry a gun. Please don’t.

I am not a public sentinel, I will not get in between two fighting men, chase a purse snatcher or investigate odd happening in darkened alleyways. I carry a gun to defend [me] and mine from life threatening danger. I am willing to face what comes from defending my own but I am not so keen on thrusting myself into the troubles of others. In todays world it doesnt really matter if I am right, wrong or sideways.. there will likely be no end to the line of people who will point at a situation and call it unjust. We all know that any sort of legal entanglement can be costly and life altering.

That said, I will not say that I would never involve myself.. I certainly might. Generally speaking, if I can reasonably escape danger by going the other way, I will probably do that. I do not operate under a coiled spring mentality simply waiting on an opportunity to spring into action. I will do what I must do to preserve my safety and the safety of those with me but I will not get involved simply because I can or because I feel that I am permitted by law to respond.

If I feel that an innocent strangers life will be forfeit right here (right now) if I fail to act -AND- I am certain about who is good and who is bad, I am inclined to help. Unfortunately, there are many moons and stars which would need to align perfectly for me to get involved. When I am the one in danger, its very easy to understand who is good and who is bad. When its a stranger, you never really know what is happening(why) or what has just recently happened. If I am to act based on a few seconds of information, it will be limited to defending me and mine unless all the moons and stars align.

I am not a public sentinel, I will not get in between two fighting men, chase a purse snatcher or investigate odd happening in darkened alleyways. I carry a gun to defend [me] and mine from life threatening danger. I am willing to face what comes from defending my own but I am not so keen on thrusting myself into the troubles of others. In todays world it doesnt really matter if I am right, wrong or sideways.. there will likely be no end to the line of people who will point at a situation and call it unjust. We all know that any sort of legal entanglement can be costly and life altering.

That said, I will not say that I would never involve myself.. I certainly might. Generally speaking, if I can reasonably escape danger by going the other way, I will probably do that. I do not operate under a coiled spring mentality simply waiting on an opportunity to spring into action. I will do what I must do to preserve my safety and the safety of those with me but I will not get involved simply because I can or because I feel that I am permitted by law to respond.

If I feel that an innocent strangers life will be forfeit right here (right now) if I fail to act -AND- I am certain about who is good and who is bad, I am inclined to help. Unfortunately, there are many moons and stars which would need to align perfectly for me to get involved. When I am the one in danger, its very easy to understand who is good and who is bad. When its a stranger, you never really know what is happening(why) or what has just recently happened. If I am to act based on a few seconds of information, it will be limited to defending me and mine unless all the moons and stars align.
Just out of curiosity, which part of the country are you located?

Too many variables to say for sure.
But here's a question we should all think about. "If I die who takes care of my family?"
While it sounds heroic to engage and possibly save the helpless, the thought of my disabled wife trying to get along without me is sobering.
More is at risk than just my life.

Back