testtest

Beautiful Nature

I’m starting this thread to share some of the beautiful wildlife I’ve had the good fortune of capturing in my years of my work in wildlife rescue.
I’ll also be including some pictures taken by my son who has become not only a professional kayaker but an amazing photographer and has become an established artist in award winning digital photography with many of his pictures taken while he is kayaking in many of lakes and rivers around New England. He also has spent time at local Connecticut Zoos as well as kayaking while vacationing in Colorado.

Although I can’t take credit for this photo it has to be the cutest picture ever taken.
49A7CB19-CBD9-4D3D-B07F-08E14A118C21.jpeg

My time in wildlife rescue.
5BEFF926-8124-49B1-80C2-44B1ED7CEE56.jpeg
93553FCF-63B7-426E-9A93-197A0B7EF50C.jpeg
A8DECF1B-E672-42CF-9370-942BE1DB62A9.jpeg

My son and the (Eye_Photography)
B1C56219-EE9E-4F9C-A3B0-C29960E3B520.jpeg
0CB25E39-C246-4B60-834E-FDC80565E1DD.jpeg
D8B49C94-5058-4F2E-828D-1069AED1789B.jpeg

Awesome pictures. (y) I had an old hoot owl fly in my deer stand and land on one of my stands gunrest. i didn't move and just watched him for a little bit. he didn't seem to be concerned about my presence. finally he just flew off . also one year had a squirrel in a fork of a tree close to me raiding cane at me and about ten minutes you could hear a big bird coming and an owl grabbed the squirrel and took off.

I live about an hour from the Laguna Atascosa Wildlife Refuge in South Texas near the Gulf Coast and Mexican border. I went there a couple of weeks ago and it is really nice. I'm going to go back in the next couple of weeks.

I'm new to taking pictures of wildlife. I currently use a Samsung S22 phone(I also have a set of Bushnell Binoculars and a cheapo monocular) . Is there an inexpensive set up I can use to take decent pictures?(I'm retired and on a fixed income).

I'm computer literate. I have a micro SD card and a USB memory stick so picture storage is not a problem. Amazon always has good deals on microSD cards and USB memory sticks...:)

Thanks in advance. Those are really nice pictures...:)
Feel free to message me on here or email me at kenpomaniac@gmail.com.

I’m starting this thread to share some of the beautiful wildlife I’ve had the good fortune of capturing in my years of my work in wildlife rescue.
I’ll also be including some pictures taken by my son who has become not only a professional kayaker but an amazing photographer and has become an established artist in award winning digital photography with many of his pictures taken while he is kayaking in many of lakes and rivers around New England. He also has spent time at local Connecticut Zoos as well as kayaking while vacationing in Colorado.

Although I can’t take credit for this photo it has to be the cutest picture ever taken.
View attachment 35779

My time in wildlife rescue.
View attachment 35780View attachment 35781View attachment 35782

My son and the (Eye_Photography)
View attachment 35784View attachment 35785View attachment 35786
Beautiful creatures

I'm new to taking pictures of wildlife. Is there an inexpensive set up I can use to take decent pictures?(I'm retired and on a fixed income).

I'm computer literate. I have a micro SD card and a USB memory stick so picture storage is not a problem. Amazon always has good deals on microSD cards and USB memory sticks...:)

Thanks in advance. Those are really nice pictures...:)
Feel free to message me on here or email me at kenpomaniac@gmail.com.
A couple of years ago, my wife and I bought a Canon Powershot SX530HS. That camera (to me!) is amazing. It has a telephoto lens built in. It also has an “anti-shake” feature which is really important when you zoom in. I have sat on our back porch and taken pictures of birds on our back fence (100’ or so), zoomed in just on the bird. Cell phones don’t even come close to comparing. It has rechargeable batteries and came with two of them. I don’t have any of the pictures here on my iPad or I would attach one or two. I can do that later from my laptop. I highly recommend this camera. It takes video also if you need that.

FB_IMG_1458246924700.jpg

I worked as a security guard for 15 years. I spent half of it on this hill it was without question the best assignment I ever had. The site was on the East edge of town. It was a propane storage facility. It was 46 Acres and most of it was undeveloped. Most of it simply existed to be a buffer between the actual propane storage yard that was maybe 3 acres and the the neighborhood on the west side of it.

I would go weeks at a time being the only person on site. All I had to do was check 16 doors, walk a mile around the fence line and walk through the tank field and check the pressures on the tanks once an hour.

The second or third year I was there Idecided if I was going to be there anyway I might as well enjoy it. I started doing continuous Patrols. I would leave my office check the 16 doors walk up to the front gate and just start doing laps around the fence. There was a place up on the hill where I could sit and I could see all three gates and the entire fence line. I would sit up there for hours.

At some point this fox who I named Spud decided that we were friends and she started following me on my rounds.

I was walking the fence line one morning and I came up to go into the tank field and check tanks and I walked around the corner and there was Spud sunbathing

One morning they asked me to come in early to cover half of a shift. So I work from 4:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. just as the sun was coming up I went out and I sat down on a rock to watch it. Spud came around the corner of the building and saw me and decided to hang out and watch the sunrise with me.

Right before she left to go on about her business she walked up and smelled my foot and walked away

It's a long story and I'm not going to bore you with it but the management decided I was getting too comfortable on that site and they moved me. I almost quit because of it.

About two years later the company worked for lost the contract. And they were struggling to fill the very last shifts that they had to cover before they left because people were quitting left and right. And the scheduler called me up and asked me to pull one last shift out at Propane.

20150627_054000.jpg

I did my last Patrol at dawn. There was an old USGS weather station up on the hill and I left this there when I did my last Patrol
20150627_063440.jpg

I drove by there the other day and they raided over the whole hill and they're paving it and putting up some other facility there.

I'm kind of glad I wasn't there to see that

Last edited:
Pictures are amazing,doesn't matter how much money or where you live time spent quiet chilled with nature is worth so much more than material worth.Would rather spend time just us miles from anywhere you can keep Vegas,big cities flash cars,don't get me started on "being the new thing on Social media "
Owls are just cool they sit there and it's like "Yes I'm an owl ?lol "

Back