testtest

Bedtime Configuration

Guys, I truly do not mean to be insolent, arrogant, impertinent, impudent, or in any other way insulting ...... but reading what some of you guys carry and/or keep at the ready in your homes in the daytime and bedrooms at night, I've got to ask just where in the world do some of y'all live????

I don't mean an address, just a simple description of the general area that would require all that much hardware to be close at hand. (y)(y)(y)o_O
I live on a boat :unsure::sneaky:

Guys, I truly do not mean to be insolent, arrogant, impertinent, impudent, or in any other way insulting ...... but reading what some of you guys carry and/or keep at the ready in your homes in the daytime and bedrooms at night, I've got to ask just where in the world do some of y'all live????

I don't mean an address, just a simple description of the general area that would require all that much hardware to be close at hand. (y)(y)(y)o_O

St. Louis.

Like others noted @C. Sumpin , thanks for your service. I have a good buddy that flew dustoff in Nam, but I never served, as just before I turned 18, they stopped the draft. I'm also like you with lights, green (even barely lit), lights up the entire room and I can't sleep. I had to get rid of the green lit clock/radio and revert to red (which doesn't bother me especially on low dim). I sometimes had to put cardboard in the windows to keep the sunlight out, now wooden blinds with wide slots do the trick.
To get to the topic at hand though, I know I'll be called paranoid (which I probably am), but I have more weapons in my bedroom that you could ever imagine. Most in safes, or still in the cases that they came in (still need to find safes to put them in), but the ones that I have set up for any intruder(s) is as follows: one side of bed has 2 drawer night stand, both drawers contain bio-metric Sentry safes, which on top is my Hellcat EDC with 3 mags (one in gun, two fully loaded next to it), the S&W Shield 9mm (sometimes ankle holster EDC while in house), with 3 mags. A loaded Sig P365 currently in the ankel holster in the bottom drawer next to the shield. A Glock G20 (10mm) MCK standing next to nightstand (and by a throwing axe and machete), with two fully loaded mags (one in gun other in holder). A Glock G19 MCK with 2 fully loaded mags, 2 mattress holders on that side holding my Mossberg 590M Shockwave with 10 round mag (defensive low recoil 12 gauge 00 buckshot), and also my CZ Scorpion Micro with 20 round mag.
Other side of bed on top of a mini fridge, two pistol safes (Gunvault bio-metric and Hornady's Nightguard RFID safe (thanks Anni (@Annihilator )), which contain fully loaded pistols, each with one extra mag (a Glock G21 and S&W M&P 9mm 2.0). On that side of bed, 2 mattress holders holding a custom built 300 Blackout AR pistol with loaded 30 round 300 BO subsonic mag, with spare loaded mag under the bed, and behind that my Remington Tac 14 DM with a loaded 6 round mag (Defensive low recoil 12 gauge 00 buckshot) and another loaded mag under the bed. I also have several knives on a cabinet on that side and a machete hanging from a gun cabinet. I then have several loaded hand guns with loaded spare mags in safes that would required a bit of time to open if my locked door was busted down, hence why I keep the others more accessible. All the pistols have defensive rounds loaded with either Critical defense/duty or HST's. Both the Shockwave and Tac14 have the Crimson Trace Green laser sidesaddle making it a bit more accurate if fired from the hip (then if fired with out).
I also must state that there are no kids around and I live alone. If relatives with kids come over, the guns all get locked away, same goes if I go on and extended trip or something.

I'm not as deranged as you are, but not too far off either. No kids and no biometric safes. I am a carpenter by trade who rebuilt his house to his specifications though. :)

1621307733084.jpeg

Need I say more……😬😬😬😬

That's why I said I keep my pistol by the bedside nightly after it comes out of a safe because I have preteens in the house and I don't keep anything openly accessible unsupervised even though my kids are well trained on firearms safety and handling and know how to shoot safely.
@10mmLife, agreed! We have an 11 year old in the house. Even though he has shot every gun we have (even our M1A) he is proficient with guns (he can field strip his Walther P22Q), we are very aware of where we keep them and if they they are secured. If he has friends over or the grandson comes to visit, then all guns get locked up.

Last edited:
It depends, they get moved around a little. But basically we both have our sidearms within reach and I have an ar9 and a couple loaded 30 rounders ready to go.
No kids and no grand kids so no need to worry much.
We actually live in a sleepy little town and probably would not even need to lock the door. That is not the point though. Will I ever need it? Maybe not, but if I do, I will be ready.

I have a revolver on top of the nightstand.. its not much deeper than that. In the morning, it will go in the nightstand drawer to keep the dust off. I am not one that focuses on nuance.. I have a gun, I know how to use it and I am willing to do so in order to preserve life.

My wife and I both have a firearm in our night stands. We both use revolvers because she us a dedicated revolver shooter and I want them both to be compatable with either shooter. They use the same ammunition and speed loaders.its just me and her so no kids to worry about.

In her side she has a SW 637 with a streamlight Jframe trigger guard light and a Crimson trace laser grip. This configuration helps her with her arthritis instead of having to manipulate a revolver and separate light. She does have an old style Inova X5 for her hand light. Also there are two speed loaders of 38 special loads.

My side has a SW model 60 loaded with 357 magnums and two speed loaders of the same 38 specials in hers. My light is a Streamlight Protac dual fuel light loded with a Cr123 lithium.

In the corner is my Mossberg 500 with Blackhawk compstock a 20 inch accu choke barrel with fiber optic sights bad a Streamlight fore end.

20200414_110948.jpg

Last edited:
Back