testtest

BELT KEEPERS

I'm looking for belt keepers to keep my holster from moving. My daily carry belt is 1-1/2' wide.
Something wrong with duct tape? :D
Seriously, Amazon probably has some, or if you're into exotic, I see a lot of surplus from all parts of the world at Sportsman's Guide... They have some pretty funny stuff, including surplus wine opener from the Italian Army, that one made me laugh!

I know duct tape would work but changing to a different holster would require removing it every time. Plus it's ugly. I was a cop for years, know what belt keepers are. I have checked amazon, couldn't find anything I liked. I thought a forum member might have the same problem keeping holsters & other gear in place. My quasi tactical belt is thin, 1-1/2" wide. I have tried velcro keepers, don't work.

I know duct tape would work but changing to a different holster would require removing it every time. Plus it's ugly. I was a cop for years, know what belt keepers are. I have checked amazon, couldn't find anything I liked. I thought a forum member might have the same problem keeping holsters & other gear in place. My quasi tactical belt is thin, 1-1/2" wide. I have tried velcro keepers, don't work.
Didn't imply you didn't know what they were, just being facetious. I do see them all the time on Sportsman's Guide though, here's a USMC surplus set for instance, although this is the parade uniform ones, might not work

1699545474539.png

Some German ones might fit the bill though

1699545596684.png

Last edited:
Try Aker Leather or A.E. Nelson Leather. I use both companies for all my on duty gear needs. Their products are great. Just my two cents.

What is the function of these ? Is this essentially for duty/battle belts ? most duty belts are 2-1/4" wide. Police carry a lot of gear.
Most duty belts are 2-1/4" wide. Officers have to carry quite a bit of gear. Under the duty belt is usually a regular hold up your pants belt. The belt keepers go around both belts. I used to use 4 keepers, 2 in front & 2 in back to balance the load and keep items in place.

What is the function of these ? Is this essentially for duty/battle belts ?
When I worked as a security guard we had an underbelt that went through our belt loops and then the duty belt went on top of that and it didn't have any belt loops. The Keepers were to keep it from shifting around on your body.

I was told specifically that I had to put one in front of the gun and one behind the gun to keep somebody from grabbing my belt and pulling my gun around and grabbing it

Usually used in 4s. Two in front, right and left, same for back. Although, I have seen some officers use 6. That was back in the day when all we carried on the duty belt was a holster, ammo pouch and 2 cuff cases. Today, with all the extra stuff cops carry; Taser, gloves, etc., not sure.

Back