testtest

Beretta APX Centurion 9mm

I carried my APX all weekend in about the 4 O'clock position on my right side, it rode amazingly well and a couple of times I actually forgot I was carrying it. That's mainly due to the JM4 holsters that I keep being impressed by the more I use them. Being as the APX is a little thicker than my usual EDC, I was concerned it would be a bulky but it wasn't. It disappeared very well under my summer tee-shirt and I had no issues whatsoever carrying it all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend and see if I can shoot it worth a damn, if so, it definitely goes into the EDC rotation. It's nice to have a Beretta again. Feel a bit like I've come full circle since buying my first handgun, the Beretta 92FS way back in the early 90's. I damn sure won't be selling this one...lol

I carried my APX all weekend in about the 4 O'clock position on my right side, it rode amazingly well and a couple of times I actually forgot I was carrying it. That's mainly due to the JM4 holsters that I keep being impressed by the more I use them. Being as the APX is a little thicker than my usual EDC, I was concerned it would be a bulky but it wasn't. It disappeared very well under my summer tee-shirt and I had no issues whatsoever carrying it all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend and see if I can shoot it worth a damn, if so, it definitely goes into the EDC rotation. It's nice to have a Beretta again. Feel a bit like I've come full circle since buying my first handgun, the Beretta 92FS way back in the early 90's. I damn sure won't be selling this one...lol
Ok, well got to take the Beretta Centurion for a drive this weekend. I cut out 75 rounds of 124 grain FMJ, 5 mags, and took it to my local favorite firing range. Summed up in one word...impressive. And I mean the handgun, not the shooter, but the Beretta made me look like I knew what I was doing. I shot all 75 rounds from 7 yards, 21 feet which is my standard distance when I shoot. Main thing I noticed about the Beretta was how controlled the recoil was. 3.7 inch barrel but it handled the recoil like the barrel was longer. Not that a 9mm had a lot of recoil, but you know some concealable handguns you shoot you can definitely tell there's some snap to it. Not on the APX, it handled the recoil very well. I was doing 2 shots to center mass and a follow up shot to the head area on a silhouette target. The Beretta felt very balanced and with the Talon grips installed, it's one of the more comfortable handguns I've owned. Not a hint at any kind of malfunction or glitch. I'd prefer night sights but the stock sights aren't terrible. They're set up for a hold directly on your target, not a 6'oclock hold like some of handguns seem to be. Took it home afterwards, it wasn't even that dirty, but gave it a good cleaning anyway like I do after every range visit. The Beretta quality that I remember is there, the ease of getting it on target, the weight it good, not too heavy, not too light, and it's very concealable. It's, without a doubt, a keeper and I won't be selling this one like I did my old 92FS, cause I'm not that naive anymore...lol. Attaching my target from shooting. I understand there's nothing that confirms my distance but I don't tell tall tales when I comes to my shooting. Seven years isn't exactly sniper distance, but for me it's close to what I would consider handgun battle range. I'm not going to be taking shots across a crowded room or department store at 25 or 30 yards, so here's my results from Saturday.....all in all, the APX 9mm Centurion is definitely a quality weapon.

Attachments

• target1.jpg
    target1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 145
Back