testtest

Best 1911 9mm ammo ?

Badduck

Alpha
I’m running Fiocchi 124 and 115 in my 9mm Garrison I’ve had good result.wondering what everyone else is running.This is 18 shots at 15 yards with the Fiocchi 124gr
IMG_20230930_120343_01_Original.jpeg

as for any of my 9mm's, i use several brands, S&B, Fiocchi, Remington, Federal, Magtech, and my own reloads. 115/124 grain, either FMJ or lead

now as for any of my 1911's.......always 230 ball, lead (my reloads, and same name brands above, as well as Armscor.

i tried "steel cased" ammo, but heard way too many things on how that is hard on extractors, plus, i cannot reload steel cased ammo.

all other calibers guns i have, same name brands, and for 22 lr, Aguila, CCI, Federal all brass

i have yet to try that "New Republic" that i am seeing now at a local store, and i have heard it is ok, and has brass casings.

Personally I like 124 and 147 gr. As they have always been more accurate in whatever olatform I run from Flock to Sig 226/228 to 1911. However Bill Wilson himself states with a steel frame 9mm 1911 with 115 standard you will never wear out the key components like the slide and frame.

Ninety-five % for me is Magtech and S.&B., 230gr. Experience has taught to avoid Armscor and Winchester W.B.
It always seems like Magtech is a lot more expensive than Blazer Brass and S&B, which both run fine in all my 9s.

Totally agree about Armscor. The WWB I shot uncountable numbers of 230 gr. 45 with zero problems over the years. Alas, everyone here started complaining about it during the "Covid times" and I haven't bought any since.

Norma 124 gr FML shot well in my P320.

I have some of the Eley 9mm in 124 and 147 grain by I haven't tested it yet.
i totally forgot about Norma.....never an issue for me, in 9mm and 45 ACP...

Ninety-five % for me is Magtech and S.&B., 230gr. Experience has taught to avoid Armscor and Winchester W.B.
i like the Armscor 45 ACP, never any issue, however, a buddy of mine was shooting Armscor .22 mags, and that destroyed his mags...2 of them at different times...

so by his experiences, and i was there both times, i'll stay away from Armscor .22 mags.

It always seems like Magtech is a lot more expensive than Blazer Brass and S&B, which both run fine in all my 9s.

Totally agree about Armscor. The WWB I shot uncountable numbers of 230 gr. 45 with zero problems over the years. Alas, everyone here started complaining about it during the "Covid times" and I haven't bought any since.
i find here, that Magtech is cheaper than Blazer and S&B.

if i can have a choice these days between Fiocchi and S&B, i'll go Fiocchi every time.

especially when the pricing is very close.

i find here, that Magtech is cheaper than Blazer and S&B.

if i can have a choice these days between Fiocchi and S&B, i'll go Fiocchi every time.

especially when the pricing is very close.
Strange. On-line and at all 3 of my regular local haunts Magtech is running about $15/box. I've been paying about $11 for Blazer Brass.

I mostly reload with Berry plated 115 grn RN but the cost of components has skyrocketed so bad that you can find factory at equal or cheaper prices. Check out online sites for bulk Winchester ammo. It’s dirtier than others but at the price, it’s hard to beat for just plain fun.

Back