testtest

Best Ammo Deals

MsMelissa

Operator
Founding Member
Where are the best ammo deals? Best price? In stock? Honest and decent deals that will actually get delivered? If you have a recommendation, post it here. đź‘Ť

ammoseek.com is a good resource. I keep one of the tabs on my phone set to it, and it refreshes every time I open it. I recently did well there, they list other vendors in a list you create based on caliber, price, whatever. They showed some 9mm at a decent price. I went to the seller's site (classic firearms), added to cart, paid for the order...and today, they were on my doorstep after work.

Optics Planet is offering pre-orders for ammo at reasonable prices with free shipping for most orders. The site warns that delivery may take 6-9 weeks for certain calibers, but they are charging prices that are close to the pre-covid levels. I took a chance and placed an order for 9mm and .380 acp.

Optics Planet is offering pre-orders for ammo at reasonable prices with free shipping for most orders. The site warns that delivery may take 6-9 weeks for certain calibers, but they are charging prices that are close to the pre-covid levels. I took a chance and placed an order for 9mm and .380 acp.
Thanks for the info. Just ordered some ammo.

Optics Planet? Man, I don't mean to be a drag or anything but that place is hated even more than PSA. Mostly customer service issues. That said, I buy stuff from PSA all the time and I'm fixing to go to Optics Planet and see what the hubbub's about right now. :)

Well, the wife says I gotta wait on the 5.56, but they have some good prices. I did order some 9 mm. Estimated wait time 5-8 weeks.

So, if Optics Planet doesn’t typically deliver in a timely fashion, how long does it take when they outright say 8 weeks?!

Optics Planet? Man, I don't mean to be a drag or anything but that place is hated even more than PSA. Mostly customer service issues. That said, I buy stuff from PSA all the time and I'm fixing to go to Optics Planet and see what the hubbub's about right now. :)

I actually haven't heard much about Optics Planet. The only dealer I have heard numerous negative things about is Cheaper Than Dirt. Is Optics Planet's reputation based more on dishonesty, or just ineptitude? I don't normally order ammo online because it has always been available on the shelves at my local Academy in the past. I've got to admit that I'm getting a little desperate. Not desperate enough to pay $40 for 50 rounds of steel case 9mm, but definitely desperate enough to give retailers who haven't jacked up their prices more than a couple of bucks a chance.

Back