testtest

Best Concealed Carry Holsters

Always in the market for different OWB carry options I ordered a holster and belt from 1791 Gunleather for my 1911 RO Ordered on Monday last week shipped Wednesday and arriving on Tuesday.
Impressive response time.
Now I’ll admit the website states made for a standard 1911 with a 5 inch barrel.
Not manufacturer specific.
Review to follow.

Always in the market for different OWB carry options I ordered a holster and belt from 1791 Gunleather for my 1911 RO Ordered on Monday last week shipped Wednesday and arriving on Tuesday.
Impressive response time.
Now I’ll admit the website states made for a standard 1911 with a 5 inch barrel.
Not manufacturer specific.
Review to follow.

A 1911 is pretty much a 1911, unless you have a rail, optic, or suppressor sights, or some other major modifications on it.

My 1911 holsters fit my Baer, my Para doublestack, my Norinco, my Colts...I wouldn’t worry about your RO not working, unless it’s a RO Operator (even then it might wo

(A Browning HiPower also works perfectly in a 1911 holster...).

As for the article—it’s pretty good. Fact is, if you carry for more than a short amount of time, you’re going to end up with a box (I have a couple of 30gal Rubbermaid totes) of holsters...finding the right one is quite the process.

A 1911 is pretty much a 1911, unless you have a rail, optic, or suppressor sights, or some other major modifications on it.

My 1911 holsters fit my Baer, my Para doublestack, my Norinco, my Colts...I wouldn’t worry about your RO not working, unless it’s a RO Operator (even then it might wo

(A Browning HiPower also works perfectly in a 1911 holster...).

As for the article—it’s pretty good. Fact is, if you carry for more than a short amount of time, you’re going to end up with a box (I have a couple of 30gal Rubbermaid totes) of holsters...finding the right one is quite the process.
I’m confident my basic 1911 RO will work just fine. I have a couple double mag pouches from 1791 Gunleather and they are very well made and heavy duty leather so I’m looking forward to see how their belts and holsters stack up.

If Alien Gear ever makes a Shape Shifter Shell for the M&P EZ9, I'll get one and maybe get some use out of the IWB 4.0 holster I've had for awhile. Also have AG OWB Belt Slide rig, but it doesn't work as well as I expected. If I were a bit stockier it might fit better, but until that happens, it's relegated to the cabinet.

Ordered three holsters recently from a company out of Texas called "Versacarry". Very good quality leather holsters. I've never been a big fan of leather holsters, but these are VERY comfortable and don't seem to require hardly any break in time. I've ordered one for my Taurus G3 9mm, my Taurus G2C 9mm, and one for my S&W M&P Shield 45, which all fit the same size holster, so that's kind of nice to carry whichever handgun in any of the the three holsters. The holsters seem to conform to your hip, I wear mine at around the 2-3 O'clock position and all three handguns ride really well OWB. The holsters have a low enough profile where they don't pattern hardly at all. You still have to take them off your belt, that's always been my main gripe about leather holsters, but I'm warming up to the Versacarry holsters pretty quickly.

IMG_2094.a76ef047d8d24c03823acdf41c4ee7c8.jpg
IMG_2098.a76ef047d8d24c03823acdf41c4ee7c8.jpg

I have always been a fan of OWB with a good quality holster of a stiff design-further to make them more convenient is the snap off design's where no belt removal is needed.
TT Gunleather is my current favorite in the Snap Elite along with a matching mag carrier in the same snap off design slanted carry.

rVK26FE.jpg

IyzUKxe.jpg

I use Crossbreed, MTR Leather, and VersaCarry. The first 2 are majority IWB and the VersaCarry handles majority of OWB. The advantage of the VC holsters would be to fit many guns in a particular size as ghosttwofive stated. I also use VC gun belts which are excellent.

I have always been a fan of OWB with a good quality holster of a stiff design-further to make them more convenient is the snap off design's where no belt removal is needed.
TT Gunleather is my current favorite in the Snap Elite along with a matching mag carrier in the same snap off design slanted carry.

rVK26FE.jpg

IyzUKxe.jpg
That's sharp looking handgun...wow.

Another plus for T&T Gunleather which I use a lot their Mike's Special is a Milt Sparks VMII clone with IMO a belter cant, that sits a little lower, and is a little lighter. I also just got a Versa Carry for my Sig P365 and I really like it.

Got a new holster in yesterday and so far I don't have anything bad to say about it. It's a JM4 Tactical magnetic click and carry holster. I got one for my S&W Shield 45ACP and so far it seems to be very well made and the magnetic retention is just about perfect. Carrying it IWB I can actually draw from it one handed without having to manipulate the holster with the other hand at all. That was carrying it with BDU pants and a belt. With my sweats and athletic shorts, it still rode very comfortably, albeit I did have to hold the holster with my left hand while drawing it since the sweats and shorts ride a lot looser. The magnetic retention system the company uses seems to work both for good retention of the weapon while in the holster and to keep the holster steady while attached to your clothing. All in all, I'm impressed. There's a couple more models on their website I'm interested in but my first purchase from them has been all green lights so far.
IMG_2121.jpg
IMG_2122.jpg

Maybe I’m just not overly picky about holsters, but most of my carry guns I just have one holster for. I very much like Crossbreed mini tucks for the IWB guns and Clinger or Muddy River Tactical for OWB guns. Nice leather shoulder rigs for the big magnum revolvers.

Back