testtest

Best green laser for daylight?

100 yards in the daylight ? Good luck. I have a Viridian HS-1 on one of my ARs and I had to wait until an overcast morning to zero it at 50. I'm guessing there probably is one. Military grade. And expensive.

Found this:

"As an aside, if you're getting the Class I rated model DBAL-I2 that's available for open sale, 100m and maybe a bit more is about what you'll get in terms of usable dot on the IR side, but that's the price one pays to get an IR-capable laser system without having to jump through all the hoops to get a Class IIIB rates system that pushes to 600m."

These are IR lasers and somewhat regulated. Around $1000

Here's an article that may help you?

This site reminds me of "Gun source". Certainly the author(s) don't speak english as a first language. The Gun Source people aren't even familiar with proper, well known nomenclature and usually get details wrong. Like when they wrote that the VP9 has a 6.1 slide and 9 round capacity. :rolleyes:

Back on topic though, ignoring the fact that personally even if all lasers could be seen clearly in broad daylight at 100 yards or more, they would not be my choice of sight for anything that far out. Really not even 50 yards. I zero mine at 50 yards because that's the zero I want and am used to and it's not bad to be prepared in the event you need to engage something outdoors at night. In all probability the laser would never get used past 10 yards, but zero'ing ANYTHING at 10 yards is asinine.

To me lasers are for CQB weapons and even then I have at least one, usually two other sight systems. Primary optic and back-up sights with a laser underneath.

This site reminds me of "Gun source". Certainly the author(s) don't speak english as a first language. The Gun Source people aren't even familiar with proper, well known nomenclature and usually get details wrong. Like when they wrote that the VP9 has a 6.1 slide and 9 round capacity. :rolleyes:

Back on topic though, ignoring the fact that personally even if all lasers could be seen clearly in broad daylight at 100 yards or more, they would not be my choice of sight for anything that far out. Really not even 50 yards. I zero mine at 50 yards because that's the zero I want and am used to and it's not bad to be prepared in the event you need to engage something outdoors at night. In all probability the laser would never get used past 10 yards, but zero'ing ANYTHING at 10 yards is asinine.

To me lasers are for CQB weapons and even then I have at least one, usually two other sight systems. Primary optic and back-up sights with a laser underneath.
Article's a bit generic, yes, like gun source, but some of the sights listed are good ones. Chose it for the variety offered in one place, not authors choice of wording. Likely many pro's and con's to most anything? Viridian C5L for example is, has been a very good one for me. Others thoughts, not so much sometimes? Like some songs? Sometimes the melody leaves something to be desired, but word's are good and vice versa?

Article's a bit generic, yes, like gun source, but some of the sights listed are good ones. Chose it for the variety offered in one place, not authors choice of wording. Likely many pro's and con's to most anything? Viridian C5L for example is, has been a very good one for me. Others thoughts, not so much sometimes? Like some songs? Sometimes the melody leaves something to be desired, but word's are good and vice versa?

From my own experience I definitely prefer Viridian stuff over CT.

I'm like you guys ,Laser's are more CQB. I have 2 CT laser's one on my Keltec KSG 25 , 12 Ga. for home defense and One was on my Sig Sauer P320 for home defense . All for quick point and shoot and night time . I got both CT lasers from Sportsman warehouse and they priced matched Amazon last year so I got them for $70 each . I didn't waant to put alot of cash into lasers . Bang for the buck . But I still would like a green one ..LOL

I'm like you guys ,Laser's are more CQB. I have 2 CT laser's one on my Keltec KSG 25 , 12 Ga. for home defense and One was on my Sig Sauer P320 for home defense . All for quick point and shoot and night time . I got both CT lasers from Sportsman warehouse and they priced matched Amazon last year so I got them for $70 each . I didn't waant to put alot of cash into lasers . Bang for the buck . But I still would like a green one ..LOL
I have a red dot on my KSG25.

Thanks everyone! You have confirmed what I was suspecting ain't gunna happen. So it looks like 50yd zero is all I'm going to get which is fine I was just hoping for more.

Thanks everyone! You have confirmed what I was suspecting ain't gunna happen. So it looks like 50yd zero is all I'm going to get which is fine I was just hoping for more.
Well you could get a 100 yard zero you just wouldn’t be able to use it at that distance so there would be no point.

Back