testtest

Best Guns from the John Wick Series

JBQYKKF.jpg

9qntymg.jpg

Have the P30L V3 and the Kel Tec KSG. The trigger on the P30L is fantastic as is IMHO. I'd have to say the P30L is my current favorite out of all my polymer handguns. I love my Kel-Tec bullpups too.

fVVS7Py.jpg

muPkXDT.jpg

Took these photos for a thread on another forum to show size comparison vs barrel lengths, but I have a few Kel-Tec Bullpups. I might buy more just to have backups.

As far as the list goes, the only other gun I see myself buying is the Benelli M2. I am not a fan on Glocks especially Gucci Glocks. I have owned a G26 and still own a G17 though, but they are the least favorite of the handgun platforms I own.

Love the movies, the guns, the well trained action scenes, and being a knife guy love the knife wirk. One of the reason I looked harder at the Microtechs than I originally did was the movie .

One thing they overlooked in miscellaneous was one of the quiet stars of the series. The flexible underground currency this highly developed sub culture they live in uses, represented by the ever present gold coin. The value seems to vary between buyer and seller and is accepted everywhere world wide. One time it buys a single drink in a bar, the next the disposal of a dead body, love the dinner party synonym..

Bought the Microtech btw, several in fact.

20220415_095900.jpg

Last edited:
JBQYKKF.jpg

9qntymg.jpg

Have the P30L V3 and the Kel Tec KSG. The trigger on the P30L is fantastic as is IMHO. I'd have to say the P30L is my current favorite out of all my polymer handguns. I love my Kel-Tec bullpups too.

fVVS7Py.jpg

muPkXDT.jpg

Took these photos for a thread on another forum to show size comparison vs barrel lengths, but I have a few Kel-Tec Bullpups. I might buy more just to have backups.

As far as the list goes, the only other gun I see myself buying is the Benelli M2. I am not a fan on Glocks especially Gucci Glocks. I have owned a G26 and still own a G17 though, but they are the least favorite of the handgun platforms I own.
That big old hook trigger I can’t deal with. Grayguns flat trigger and light spring in mine, which makes the trigger very good for me.

That big old hook trigger I can’t deal with. Grayguns flat trigger and light spring in mine, which makes the trigger very good for me.
I don't mind the hook trigger, but I understand the flat faced trigger is all the rage now. I can personally shoot the stock trigger rather well without any problems. While I wouldn't mind having the Grayguns trigger on my P30L because it's just a range toy, it's not worth the almost $200 shipped aka 30% of the cost of the gun for 4 little parts unless I planned on using the gun for competition purposes. I am definitely not adding one to the P30sk. I am just speaking for myself though. For what it's worth, my CZ 75 Compact, CZ P01 Compact, and Beretta Px4 all have similar trigger geometry.

Last edited:
I don't mind the hook trigger, but I understand the flat faced trigger is all the rage now. I can personally shoot the stock trigger rather well without any problems. While I wouldn't mind having the Grayguns trigger on my P30L because it's just a range toy, it's not worth the almost $200 shipped aka 30% of the cost of the gun for 4 little parts unless I planned on using the gun for competition purposes. I am definitely not adding one to the P30sk. I am just speaking for myself though. For what it's worth, my CZ 75 Compact, CZ P01 Compact, and Beretta Px4 all have similar trigger geometry.
As far as I can tell it’s been all the rage since they came out with it. Mine was on it when I bought it from a forum member here. I can tell you the trigger trough thing doesn’t matter with this trigger, but then I had a few thousand rounds through my stock VP9 before I even knew there was such an issue so maybe it’s just a problem with those hook triggers.

I have the flat trigger on the P365xl and every other handgun has the traditional styled trigger. Truthfully I find the traditional trigger more to my taste, but it really does not matter one way or the other enough to change the flat trigger out.

As far as I can tell it’s been all the rage since they came out with it. Mine was on it when I bought it from a forum member here. I can tell you the trigger trough thing doesn’t matter with this trigger, but then I had a few thousand rounds through my stock VP9 before I even knew there was such an issue so maybe it’s just a problem with those hook triggers.
Oh you lucked out then. I wouldn't mine it on my P30L, but I can't justify the cost. If I come across someone selling one used like new, I'll jump on it.

I have the flat trigger on the P365xl and every other handgun has the traditional styled trigger. Truthfully I find the traditional trigger more to my taste, but it really does not matter one way or the other enough to change the flat trigger out.
I feel the same way. It's great of it has it and doesn't really matter to me if it doesn't. With that said, I have put APEX triggers on a few of my pistols just for the look, the hell of it, and I had extra money to burn.

That HK hook looks much curvier and longer than the Sig to me. I have to admit I’ve never fired one with it. Just the way it looks turned me off. I knew it had to go just from looking at the picture.

I feel the same way. It's great of it has it and doesn't really matter to me if it doesn't. With that said, I have put APEX triggers on a few of my pistols just for the look, the hell of it, and I had extra money to burn.
I have so far resisted putting Apex triggers in my Shields, but I think I’m going to do it on the .45. Hopefully that’s not a mistake. I shoot that gun very well stock. I’ve always gotten along better with straight triggers though. And the stock trigger on that one is a little gritty.

I have so far resisted putting Apex triggers in my Shields, but I think I’m going to do it on the .45. Hopefully that’s not a mistake. I shoot that gun very well stock. I’ve always gotten along better with straight triggers though. And the stock trigger on that one is a little gritty.
YbjFCHm.jpg

I threw one on my 45 Shield. No complaints. Had mine since around the time the 45s were released. I don't remember what the stock trigger was like.

While they are movies, if you really study the JW movies do show the strengths & weaknesses of various platforms, and how to properly deploy them and where to make some changes to your own usage.

Prior to them I had a KSG, and while it wasn't really meeting an operational need after JW2 I ditched it and upgraded to a more effective and capable shotgun platform because the movie really highlighted the shortcomings of the shotgun in certain ways.

Awhile back, the movie Black Hawk Down also provided some important lessons.

I think movies that are made by folks that have a realistic grasp/understanding about firearms, and their proper use, can be instructive.

My .02

Last edited:
Back