testtest

Best Guns from the John Wick Series

While they are movies, if you really study the JW movies do show the strengths & weaknesses of various platforms, and how to properly deploy them and where to make some changes to your own usage.

Prior to them I had a KSG, and while it wasn't really meeting an operational need after JW2 I ditched it and upgraded to a more effective and capable shotgun platform because the movie really highlighted the shortcomings of the shotgun in certain ways.

Awhile back, the movie Black Hawk Down also provided some important lessons.

My .02
How so? Is it just the KSG or all pump action shotguns? What happened in the movie? I seen it, but don't remember. What did you switch to? A semiauto shotgun?

14+1 shells with a fullsize 18.5" barrel the length of a SBS that can be shouldered, is legal in all states, and doesn't need a stamp is pretty hard to beat especially for carry in a duffle bag and using in tight spaces like a small to medium size house or apartment. You can see in the pic I posted it's even shorter than the 14" barrel Mossberg Shockwave.

How so? Is it just the KSG or all pump action shotguns? What happened in the movie? I seen it, but don't remember. What did you switch to? A semiauto shotgun?

14+1 shells with a fullsize 18.5" barrel the length of a SBS that can be shouldered, is legal in all states, and doesn't need a stamp is pretty hard to beat especially for carry in a duffle bag and using in tight spaces like a small to medium size house or apartment. You can see in the pic I posted it's even shorter than the 14" barrel Mossberg Shockwave.
As I said in my post.."upgraded to a more effective and capable shotgun platform". Also, I consider a shotgun a support firearm to other options for my AOPs.

I found the KSG slower to reload than other shotguns regardless of its shorter length, plus I have two other conventional pump shotguns that are faster to actuate & reload than the KSG when it's empty.

My upgrade was to a Benelli M4 that I've been interested in for quite a while, and it nicely complements a 590A1 and an upgraded Shockwave. Plus, both Mossbergs have +1 or +2 extensions on them so I'm not giving up much capacity compared to the 14 in the KSG.

Plus, I came to the conclusion that the KSG wasn't as upgradeable and supportable in the long-run as the Benelli & Mossberg's (all mil-spec) I have.

As I said every platform as its pluses & minus's, and one must understand their roles for your area. And shotguns aren't my preferred platform in confined spaces.

My .02

While they are movies, if you really study the JW movies do show the strengths & weaknesses of various platforms, and how to properly deploy them and where to make some changes to your own usage.

Prior to them I had a KSG, and while it wasn't really meeting an operational need after JW2 I ditched it and upgraded to a more effective and capable shotgun platform because the movie really highlighted the shortcomings of the shotgun in certain ways.

Awhile back, the movie Black Hawk Down also provided some important lessons.

I think movies that are made by folks that have a realistic grasp/understanding about firearms, and their proper use, can be instructive.

My .02
I on the other hand welcome all orphan shotguns and strive to make them part of an over all, big picture sort of family. Therefore while I haven't shot the ol' girl in awhile, I still have my KSG.

The TS-12 holds 16, is a little shorter and semi automatic. 1000 times easier to reload too.

The TS-12 holds 16, is a little shorter and semi automatic. 1000 times easier to reload too.
9lbs, not longer but still bulkier/bigger, and I don't foresee needing to worry about reloads with a 14×1 or 16×1 shotgun unless I overseas fighting a war or I'm John Wick. That might be more of a concern with a 5 or 7 round shotgun.

For practical purposes, I'd rather have the KSG or a Benelli M4. For cool factor, the TS12 wins hands down.

1664288791818.png

Not my pic, but I have one of these too. Molot Russian Veprs 12. Not very practical IMHO, but is well built and turns heads at the range.

Last edited:
Except when he's about to face a battalion of heavily-armed and armored ninja types in JW3, and he goes down into Winston's armory, and out of all the options hanging on the walls, he grabs a MPX. 😂

9lbs, not longer but still bulkier/bigger, and I don't foresee needing to worry about reloads with a 14×1 or 16×1 shotgun unless I overseas fighting a war or I'm John Wick. That might be more of a concern with a 5 or 7 round shotgun.

For practical purposes, I'd rather have the KSG or a Benelli M4. For cool factor, the TS12 wins hands down.

View attachment 31138
Not my pic, but I have one of these too. Molot Russian Veprs 12. Not very practical IMHO, but is well built and turns heads at the range.
You can have all 3. I have 2 of the 3 and will have the M4 before the year is out. I do have the LE Beretta 1301T, which is possibly only second to the M4 in cool factor. Performance wise it’s above reproach. I’m certainly dying to run it side by side with the Benelli M1014 I’m buying soon. I’m not a fan of external box mags on shotguns.

The Beretta

The TS-12

KSG-25

Back