testtest

Best Pistol Sights For Old Eyes

Personally, due to normal aging of the eyes, I can see well far, but not so well close-up - sights are blurred even with full arm stretch.
I can see the Hellcat sights better than other brands, but still they are blurred.

So I have attached a Veridian laser on my Hellcat.

My instructor told me that a laser could mean legal trouble, in case of an actual shooting. Prosecutor might argue that I purposely adjusted the windage on that to "kill". Kind of silly, IMO everyone that uses the sights on their weapon can be in the same category.

I think I can defend that by the fact that a prudent and reasonable person needs to make sure that his bullet will hit the threat and only the threat.

Last edited:
The best sights for aging eyes that I have found are Diamond Speed Sights. They are much larger and easier to see than standard sights, yet you do not sacrifice accuracy, due to the connecting points operation of the sights... You get the best of both worlds.

If you have vision issues, you really need to check out Diamond Speed Sights. They will change your world.

You simply cannot get a more accurate POA, than with these sights. Just connect the corners, and use the infinity point of the top of the front sight to aim at the target.

Attachments

• Diamonds.jpg
    Diamonds.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 127
Personally, due to normal aging of the eyes, I can see well far, but not so well close-up - sights are blurred even with full arm stretch.
I can see the Hellcat sights better than other brands, but still they are blurred.

So I have attached a Veridian laser on my Hellcat.

My instructor told me that a laser could mean legal trouble, in case of an actual shooting. Prosecutor might argue that I purposely adjusted the windage on that to "kill". Kind of silly, IMO everyone that uses the sights on their weapon can be in the same category.

I think I can defend that by the fact that a prudent and reasonable person needs to make sure that his bullet will hit the threat and only the threat.
No offense but that’s internet gun forum BS. There are zero cases of overzealous prosecutors charging people in legitimate SD shootings for trigger jobs, ammo or aftermarket gun sights. Zero.

I too installed a Viridian Laser sight on my home defense pistol because of my aging eyesight. When target shooting at the range I have to take off my bifocals and I'm fortunate I can see the front sight clearly. My S&W M&P Pro Series has fiber optic sights on both front and rear, red on the front, green on the rear, that I love.

No offense but that’s internet gun forum BS. There are zero cases of overzealous prosecutors charging people in legitimate SD shootings for trigger jobs, ammo or aftermarket gun sights. Zero.
New trigger - need easier pull weight for arthritis in the fingers
Laser sight or better sights - poor eyes
Extended mag - i saw 30 people on the front lawn of the St Louis couple
... need I go on ..

Recusant: "and I want the trigger on my Ruger Sp101 to feel as good as on any of my Smith & Wessons"

Easy as pie! Just utilize any number of available SP101/GP100 spring kits, and perform the simple IBOK trigger job, and the Ruger's trigger will rival any custom S&W revolver trigger.

This Ruger shown below has a 1.75lb SA trigger that has to be felt to be believed.

Attachments

• 20130104_140352.jpg
    20130104_140352.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
Easy as pie! Just utilize any number of available SP101/GP100 spring kits, and perform the simple IBOK trigger job, and the Ruger's trigger will rival any custom S&W revolver trigger.

This Ruger shown below has a 1.75lb SA trigger that has to be felt to be believed.

I did after I'd fired a 100 rounds through it. I just don't know why Ruger couldn't have spared me the extra expense!

Recusant: "and I want the trigger on my Ruger Sp101 to feel as good as on any of my Smith & Wessons"

Not really.

I mean, maybe in a J-frame, but in a K, L, or N? Nope, sorry. Coil vs leaf spring...

(and I’ve done the trigger job to my GP100...nowhere near as nice as my slicked up S&W’s)

Last edited:
Old eyes?

Just a thought? Possibly a new use for well trained seeing eye dog too?

There's some day's my eyesight's so poor, am thinking about renaming one of my dogs Laser and teaching her to shoot!

Someone may've beat me to it though? Think Kimber's got a K-9? :)

I had a similar question, what about bad eyesight shooters or even people with old eyes?
I educated myself more about that. If one spends enough time at the range he can "point" with his body, adopting the same stance every time...
Point shooting.

Last edited:
Personally I have no Issue with the Hellcat Sights or other XD’s.
However , with other manufacturers I have XS Big Dot Sights with an all black rear sight blade. They carry a lifetime warranty. If you’re the original owner and they break, (they are very tough and difficult to break), they send you news ones no questions asked.
I recently bought an XS Big Dot to put on my AR front sight post.

Back