testtest

Best Springfield Armory Concealed Carry Guns for Women

I couldn't help but wonder why all high-lighted firearms for women were autos. That is fine for someone who is familiar with firearms, but most women only spend minimal time at the range and often depend on the significant other to handle any issues, like feed failures, or partial battery, clearing the firearm mid-magazine. My wife spends time on the range with me, yet she still relies on me to do the dirty work. She prefers the simplicity of a revolver. When a novice asks me to recommend a firearm I always point them to a revolver. Its operation is simple and straight forward. I would only recommend an auto to someone who has spent enough time at the range to have acquired a level of comfort and experience with shooting in general.

Hello all...
I see that most who have responded about this article are...well intended, but not women. Even though I am a man as well, I can share one thought my wife expressed to me about the SA Micro- Compact Hellcat OSP she bought. She is an accomplished shooter and has no difficulty placing rounds where they need to go in practicing, feeling good about herself in being able to protect herself, and if the time ever arose, being able to neutralize a a threat to do bodily harm to her. Unfortunately, her experience (and I confirmed this in somewhat disbelief) was that "out of the box" and making sure the firearm was ready to shoot prior to shooting it, her SA Micro-compact Hellcat OSP was shooting, at 15 yds, like a foot high! I have never had a pistol do this. Has anyone else experienced this with this pistol?? We HAD to put a SMSc Shield on the thing just to hit the desired place on paper. This pistol is not her "chosen" tool for conceal carry since she wants to be reliant on open sights and not an electrical device in the moment of need.

I couldn't help but wonder why all high-lighted firearms for women were autos. That is fine for someone who is familiar with firearms, but most women only spend minimal time at the range and often depend on the significant other to handle any issues, like feed failures, or partial battery, clearing the firearm mid-magazine. My wife spends time on the range with me, yet she still relies on me to do the dirty work. She prefers the simplicity of a revolver. When a novice asks me to recommend a firearm I always point them to a revolver. Its operation is simple and straight forward. I would only recommend an auto to someone who has spent enough time at the range to have acquired a level of comfort and experience with shooting in general.
Because Springfield doesn’t make revolvers.

Everyone always says “ I point new shooters to revolvers”. That was probably good advice in 1965. Unless it’s a Ruger, Hi Point, SCCY, or some Turkish gun a new, quality, striker fired handgun is just as reliable as a revolver. And unless the revolver is some cute little .38 it’s easier to shoot than a revolver too.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Best Springfield Armory Concealed Carry Guns for Women” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/best-springfield-armory-concealed-carry-guns-for-women/.

As a former Hellcat owner, I would add that any carrier (male or female) needs the hand strength to rack that kitty. Mine was tight. I was fine with it, but my wife, not so much. That wasn't why we sold it, though. That's a story I've already told. I haven't shot the XD-S or EMP but would love to try them out at some point just to see how they perform. For now, I'll stick with my XD Mod.2. 13 + 1 with the flush mag, big enough to practice with comfortably, and small enough to conceal without too many issues.

Jesus Glock 43, Walther PK380, S&W J frame, but a Ronin 3" HAH. Have a woman rack one. I get this is a Springfield forum but palease.
I have a Glock 43X and a Hellcat Pro. They both are good concealed carry pieces, but Hellcat Pro is more comfortable for me in appendix carry.

For me, I found it easier to carry my spare mag in front of me. With my We The People and Muddy River holsters I found it uncomfortable to carry my spare mag.

Also, once I added a light and red dot it was more uncomfortable.

That said, it’s a matter of preference for each individual. Or, as my son reminds me, YMMV.
Maybe I am the exception, but I am most comfortable just carrying the spare magazine in my pocket. It doesn’t take me anymore time to reach into my pocket vs pull my shirt up and grab it from a holder at my waste.

Everyone always says “ I point new shooters to revolvers”. That was probably good advice in 1965. Unless it’s a Ruger, Hi Point, SCCY, or some Turkish gun a new, quality, striker fired handgun is just as reliable as a revolver. And unless the revolver is some cute little .38 it’s easier to shoot than a revolver too.
My wife would tell you different. I know reliability is very good these days, but it not just about reliability. If my wife could just poke bullets into a slot and then aim and fire... she would be sold. I have had plenty of issues on the firing line in which she always calls me over and say "what do I about this?". Striker fired is the next big thing but then, you have to learn to make the gun safe for carry, for coming off the line with live rounds still in it, etc...
When she pulls the trigger and nothing happens, or finds a case hung up in the ejection port, well... she calls for backup. Many people are like this, not just women, but women are particularly timid around firearms. There is a psychology here. Some will learn to run, some won't. They have to come to it themselves. Give them something complected and they turn off, or don't focus on what they need to be focused on to improve their skills... they're too busy worrying about the gun. I would still tell the novice to learn to shoot, get comfortable with firearm and then move up. Revolvers generally have a longer sight radius (excluding the snubbies) which helps in learning many aspects of shooting. You have to learn to walk before you run. I would not have gotten far with my son if I handed him a 45acp on his first outings to the range. I started him with 22LR and pellet guns. He out shoot me now.

Last edited:
My wife would tell you different. I know reliability is very good these days, but it not just about reliability. If my wife could just poke bullets into a slot and then aim and fire... she would be sold. I have had plenty of issues on the firing line in which she always calls me over and say "what do I about this?". Striker fired is the next big thing but then, you have to learn to make the gun safe for carry, for coming of the line with live rounds still in it, etc...
When she pulls the trigger and nothing happens, or finds a case hung up in the ejection port, well... she calls for backup.
Well, everything ain't for everybody brother that's for sure.

If she's having cases hung up in the ejection port maybe it's the wrong gun ?

My wife has zero interest in any handguns, revolver or otherwise. She likes my Mossberg 500. I made it heavier thinking she would lose interest in it. She didn't. lol

Reactions: CCJ
Well, everything ain't for everybody brother that's for sure.

If she's having cases hung up in the ejection port maybe it's the wrong gun ?

My wife has zero interest in any handguns, revolver or otherwise. She likes my Mossberg 500. I made it heavier thinking she would lose interest in it. She didn't. lol
That's a funny story.
Yes, I have guns she prefers over others. Many of my guns are less than spotless, My 45acp tend to have some issues when they get dirty. I have one (semi-auto as a matter of fact) that my wife and daughter have both laid claim to. It's a heavy 9mm... a real brick. Great for target shooting, but you would not want to carry it. She has a ton of fine semi-autos to choose from, but she picks a revolver for the gun safe beside the bed. My daughter? well, she is fine with autos as long as I am there to help help. If I am off doing my own practice... she will always be found shooting revolvers.

That's a funny story.
Yes, I have guns she prefers over others. Many of my guns are less than spotless, My 45acp tend to have some issues when they get dirty. I have one (semi-auto as a matter of fact) that my wife and daughter have both laid claim to. It's a heavy 9mm... a real brick. Great for target shooting, but you would not want to carry it. She has a ton of fine semi-autos to choose from, but she picks a revolver for the gun safe beside the bed. My daughter? well, she is fine with autos as long as I am there to help help. If I am off doing my own practice... she will always be found shooting revolvers.

My wife is 5'2 and 110 lbs soaking wet. I've been married to her for 22 years and never once seen her shoot a handgun. My daughter was shooting my .44 magnum when she was 11 or 12. The wife can handle a shotgun though, oddly enough. Or maybe not so odd I suppose. They're what's around usually.

Back