testtest

Best Weaponlight for the 1911?

Well, how ironic. After literally hundreds and hundreds of rounds one of the mounting screws on my cheap Chinese shotgun light failed today. I had no problems with the pressure witch or the light, just the mount. Nevertheless I took the whole thing off.

Did the hardware shear/break? Or just back out or loosen?

Did the hardware shear/break? Or just back out or loosen?
A screw sheared. It actually wasn't a Chinese screw either. Well, I should say it was a Magpul T screw. I think the issue is that like a dumbass I bought an older MOE Forend and had to use some screwy shite to make the mount work. I have a pile of those screws and I could just put it back together again, but I am kinda filled with ennui. And if something breaks once, even if it is several hundred rounds in, I am pretty much done with it. There are other options for the 500. And I could just spend another $30 and get an MLok forend, but god willing and the creek don't rise I will have an M4 soon. Which I probably won't really want to put a light on either. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey, we've all got our personal preferences.

Certainly, it's one less thing to break.

As we've noted before, compromises. :)
I have incorporated " Tactical":LOL: lighting into my security plan. Primarily as a way not to wake the wife ( no one wants to do that) when I am getting up and getting ready for work. I have strategic, low level lighting and I feel confident that inside my house anyway, I can see clearly anything I would feel the need to destroy. The "Blinding the bad guy" element is a consideration though and god help me I probably will put some kind of damn light on there.

^ The shotgun is a tough one, bruddah. Everything gets a kiss of Loctite love, and then gets witness-marked. Even then, every once in a while, it just moves during a range-session, and then next thing is a string of expletives. 😅 :p

^ The shotgun is a tough one, bruddah. Everything gets a kiss of Loctite love, and then gets witness-marked. Even then, every once in a while, it just moves during a range-session, and then next thing is a string of expletives. 😅 :p
Yeah I check it every time out. That's how I found the sheared screw. Thing took a ton of abuse before it gave up though. I'm thinking about a different light. They make some that mount to the barrel and feed tube. i'm not too worried about it, but I'll give it more thought later. i'm more focused on another shotgun right now though. :)

^ Too many shotguns! :D

In-truth, though, I'm really not sure how much I'd be worried about that sheared screw. Even great hardware's known to have occasional failures. Especially given how it was used, I really don't know that I'd feel that bad....but then again, any failure always puts up a bit of doubt.....

Back