testtest

Biden administration announces ATF " Strike Forces".

Bassbob

Emissary
This was the header of an email I got from somewhere this evening. It led me down a rabbit hole which led me to this ridiculous article by the NYT. The article itself is a joke, calling Brady and Giffords " Gun safety organizations" and largely demonizing the NRA for " Using the ATF as it's whipping boy". Clearly the article is trying to persuade stupid people, somewhat successfully looking at the comments, that the ATF needs to be able to compile every gun in America into a searchable data base.

Anyway, read the comments.

And keeping with the title of the thread, here is what Biden and Merrick Garland claim is going to stop the " Gun violence" epidemic.

This was the header of an email I got from somewhere this evening. It led me down a rabbit hole which led me to this ridiculous article by the NYT. The article itself is a joke, calling Brady and Giffords " Gun safety organizations" and largely demonizing the NRA for " Using the ATF as it's whipping boy". Clearly the article is trying to persuade stupid people, somewhat successfully looking at the comments, that the ATF needs to be able to compile every gun in America into a searchable data base.

Anyway, read the comments.

And keeping with the title of the thread, here is what Biden and Merrick Garland claim is going to stop the " Gun violence" epidemic.

"...The five strike forces will focus on significant firearms trafficking corridors that channel guns into New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C."

So, they're trying to say that other locations (blaming outside "corridors") are the cause all of the problems in the specifically named hell-holes of chaos.

"...The five strike forces will focus on significant firearms trafficking corridors that channel guns into New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C."

So, they're trying to say that other locations (blaming outside "corridors") are the cause all of the problems in the specifically named hell-holes of chaos.
You noticed that eh? All liberal cities with strict gun regulations. They want to blame the right and the gun lobby for the increase in violent crime even though it was almost universally in places controlled by the left. See this way they can go after guns and still defund the police.

More importantly, my evening in the rabbit hole has left me deeply concerned. We already have a government in which both parties are totally cool with The Patriot Act. Which should scare the hell out of everyone. Now we’re going to have the ATF as a regulatory/ legislative/ enforcement agency, weaponized against law abiding citizens and half the country is cool with them collecting all your ( gun owners) personal data.
See this is the kinda crap that results in large groups of armed paramilitary groups out in the woods in Oregon or Wyoming.

If you read through the comments in that NYT article there’s a career ATF agent (allegedly) “ clearing up” the myth of Randy Weaver. He tells how the ATF was merely serving a warrant for his possessing a sawed off shotgun and he barricaded himself in his home and had a stand off with the FBI. The next commenter called him out for the fact that the ATF was responsible for him sawing the shotgun down in the first place, then they shot his son, his wife and his dog along with him. ATF guy was silent after that.

The whole thing disturbs me.

All of which are next to large bodies of water where smuggling operations from outside the country are pretty easy for these metros with notorious gang and organized crime elements.

Well, I’m just waiting for his crap today when it’s announced, you know he is not going to address the way AG’s are not going to charge criminals, not going to address the defund the police crap, which I read he kind of supported at one time, not going to address all the criminals coming over the “open boarder”, he is going after us as usual, the law abiding citizens and our 2nd amendment rights, typical left strategy.

Well, watched it on Fox News, nothing he said, I repeat nothing he said will do anything to help and curb the crap going on. Nothing was said about AG's not prosecuting criminals. nothing about funding the police, oh yea, said something about the stimulus money that isn't used for Covid could be used to help the police, but that's not this issue, nothing about the boarder, just guns and so called bad FFL dealers, all they want to do is go after our guns or make it more difficult for us, the law abiding to buy our guns, all this speech was about in my opinion was another call for congress to implement more gun control and the other things happening to go on with no circumstances whatsoever .

Well, watched it on Fox News, nothing he said, I repeat nothing he said will do anything to help and curb the crap going on. Nothing was said about AG's not prosecuting criminals. nothing about funding the police, oh yea, said something about the stimulus money that isn't used for Covid could be used to help the police, but that's not this issue, nothing about the boarder, just guns and so called bad FFL dealers, all they want to do is go after our guns or make it more difficult for us, the law abiding to buy our guns, all this speech was about in my opinion was another call for congress to implement more gun control and the other things happening to go on with no circumstances whatsoever .
He doesn't know what day of the week it is, he's just reading a script put forth by Bloomberg's lobbyists.

Got to agree here. If it wasn't scripted, it should have been!!!!! I didn't hear even one word about prison sentences, jail times, or any other consequences for wrong doer's.

:censored: %^&^!%!%#$#W%#*^&%^&%!$#@# :censored:

And sadly, AG Garland's pre-speech was just about as worthless.

Really how many FFl's from sea to shining sea sell guns without following all local, state, and federal laws. I doubt if rogue gun dealers really have an FFL. Who thinks that Smith & Wesson or Glock could be selling tractor-trailer loads of guns out the back door of their factories? Probably not. The strawman sale is the biggest nightmare for FFl's in an urban environment. They're not always easy to detect. But who thinks that strawman sales are responsible for this crime surge? There are teams of criminals going around the country breaking into gun shops at night and grabbing as many guns as they can in 90 seconds. But I don't think a million firearms have been stolen in the last year or so at least I hope not. I have to believe most of the guns that law enforcement takes off of streets have serial numbers which can be traced. People who have several guns a year traced back to them especially if it seems they don't keep them more than a month or two would go to the top of the my list to get an ATF visit. The best thing the President could do would be to reinstate Project Exile and send these people who are prohibited from gun ownership up the river for 5 years. But that would lead to mass incarnation and the President couldn't get reelected if he did that. Besides if the gov't did just that and conditions improved then the President wouldn't be able to justify taking our gun rights away. One has to wonder.

Back