testtest

Bittersweet Day

Oaktree45

Master Class
After 20 years of RV road trips and glamour camping, we have ended that chapter of our lives. We sold our RV and today the new owner of our Silverback fifth wheel took control of it. Over those 20 years we owned three fifth wheels, 2 Wildcats and 1 Silverback and they created many great memories for us.

DSCF0305_1.jpg

trip 013_1.jpg

Tetons 015_1.jpg

After 20 years of RV road trips and glamour camping, we have ended that chapter of our lives. We sold our RV and today the new owner of our Silverback fifth wheel took control of it. Over those 20 years we owned three fifth wheels, 2 Wildcats and 1 Silverback and they created many great memories for us.

View attachment 55789

View attachment 55790

View attachment 55791
So no more traveling or are you just going to start staying in hotels ?

After much thought, we traded in our 14 year old diesel truck in on a new Chevy Equinox. My wife never liked driving the truck and rarely did. We really didn’t have much need for a truck anymore so we traded.

My timing was good for buying an Equinox, with the dealer and Chevy incentives we got $5000 off the 2024 sticker price and they gave us $12000 for the truck.

Goodness, the Equinox has a lot of safety features which includes the Teen Driver feature. If you configure the key fob for Teen Driver in the App, you can limit the speed of the car, limit the radio volume, and the shift lever can’t be moved out of park unless the seat belt is fastened.

We already have a 2019 Equinox and the only thing I didn’t like about it was the engine auto-stop feature. With the new car that feature can be disabled. When we bought the car we only had one “must-have” option, that was heated seats. When you get as old as me, heated seats feel so good on old bones.

IMG_20240420_185033134_1.jpg

After much thought, we traded in our 14 year old diesel truck in on a new Chevy Equinox. My wife never liked driving the truck and rarely did. We really didn’t have much need for a truck anymore so we traded.

My timing was good for buying an Equinox, with the dealer and Chevy incentives we got $5000 off the 2024 sticker price and they gave us $12000 for the truck.

Goodness, the Equinox has a lot of safety features which includes the Teen Driver feature. If you configure the key fob for Teen Driver in the App, you can limit the speed of the car, limit the radio volume, and the shift lever can’t be moved out of park unless the seat belt is fastened.

We already have a 2019 Equinox and the only thing I didn’t like about it was the engine auto-stop feature. With the new car that feature can be disabled. When we bought the car we only had one “must-have” option, that was heated seats. When you get as old as me, heated seats feel so good on old bones.

View attachment 56748
Ahhh yes, love them heated seats! I have them and a heated steering wheel ❤️. I also hate the auto stop, and now I have built in muscle memory to disable it every time I start the vehicle. Enjoy your new ride!!

great thread
we are in the middle of a life of rv ing change ourselves
downsize a bit to 30 foot towable from the Class A, we have not put many miles on her the last few years so its more like weekend stuff vice the cross country trips
problem is finding one that can check a few must haves in the kitchen area
enjoy your new adventures

Hi,

View attachment 56748

Congrats on the new wheels! A few years ago Mrs. BassCliff got a 2017 Malibu that she loves, but hates the engine auto-stop "feature". There's no way to disable it on that model either but there is a workaround. Shift the stick into LOW, then use the shifter button to put the transmission into high gear (6 in this model). The car will run and auto-shift normally but the engine will not stop at the red light. She loves it even more now. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

View attachment 56748
Heated/AC seats are great. Nice car and it sounds like you got a good deal.

View attachment 56748
Congrats on the new Equinox, hope you and the Mrs enjoy it. My wife drives an Equinox and loves it. In fact we've recently been considering trading up for her. I'm a little reluctant to trade since her current one is in such great shape and super low mileage ... 70K+ miles below national average. With the prices offered for used trade-in vehicles though, and with the condition and extra low mileage on hers, they're making it awfully hard to not do it. We'll see, time will tell.

The brand new 2024's just have so much high tech stuff on them I'm almost afraid of it. And the tiny little 1.5L Turbo engine just leaves me wanting something more. But that's not just the Equinox's. All the med/crossover SUV's are pretty close to the same.

Hi,

Congrats on the new wheels! A few years ago Mrs. BassCliff got a 2017 Malibu that she loves, but hates the engine auto-stop "feature". There's no way to disable it on that model either but there is a workaround. Shift the stick into LOW, then use the shifter button to put the transmission into high gear (6 in this model). The car will run and auto-shift normally but the engine will not stop at the red light. She loves it even more now. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
My Jeep had that stupid auto start/stop. I bought a plug that goes in line, and voila, it stays OFF until I turn it on. In three years I’ve not ever turned it “on”🙄

Back