testtest

Black Rifles

My opinion. I have two AR’s - Saint rifle and Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 as well as a Saint Victor Pistol in 300BO with the cost of a 300BO Being close to and over a $1 a round and harder to find start out with the 5.56/.223 caliber rifle or pistol. Less expensive to shoot and a caliber that’s easier to find in bulk. It’s also a platform that’s fun to shoot.

Wow. I'll definitely not make that mistake. Yikes.

So at this point I am leaning towards a pistol in .300 BLK. That's not to say I've made up my mind entirely because I am a well known hem hawer when it comes to making decisions about things like this. At any rate, assuming that is the one I am after I would probably want it to be a complete unit out of the box, preferably fairly high quality. Let's say the budget is around $1200. I'm perfectly willing to pay less. I don't need it to be "The best", I just need it to function completely reliably and not be "Lower end crap". After all, I still need to pick up a P30L and an SRM 1216 before the end of the year. :)
.300BO is a great hunting round as well. Feral hogs dont like it.

if you plan to hunt and own 1 AR, go .300BO.
If you plan to do more recreational shooting, go 5.56

you can also go AR pistol route and add a longer upper down the road as others have mentioned. I have done this with my AR pistols as well

the Springfield Saint AR pistols are excellent weapons. You get all the nice features needed in a quality lower and can add most any upper down the road from someone else if you wanted .

.300BO is a great hunting round as well. Feral hogs dont like it.

if you plan to hunt and own 1 AR, go .300BO.
If you plan to do more recreational shooting, go 5.56

you can also go AR pistol route and add a longer upper down the road as others have mentioned. I have done this with my AR pistols as well

the Springfield Saint AR pistols are excellent weapons. You get all the nice features needed in a quality lower and can add most any upper down the road from someone else if you wanted .
I Professionally Eradicate Hogs & Coyotes and I use a 5.56mm AR Rifle for the majority of the 197 Hogs & 28 Coyotes I have taken in a years time I have a 16" AR 300 bo and it don't kill any better than the 5.56 mm and I have taken Hogs & Coyotes beyond 300 yards with 5.56 mm I have even taken hogs & Coyotes with a .22 Lr Ruger 10-22 rifle a XDM osp 9MM Pistol & Ruger PC 9 Carbine Rifle. as well as 6.5 Grendel AR, .224 Valkyrie AR 5.56 mm AR 15 Pistol, They all are equally good at hunting small and large game.
51061440_100563811077530_6281274071355228160_n.jpg
These 3 hogs were killed with one shot 5.56 62 grain m855 green tip they lined up on a bait pile in the morning I placed my cross-hair 1/4 below the pig ear closest to me from my 21' Ladder stand 60 yards away from my bait pile and I got 3 pigs with one shot that 5.56mm went thru all 3 pigs skulls and exited the 3rd. ONE-SHOT THREE KILLS and I went on to make several one-shot two kills
This is a YouTube Link to photo show of just some of the Hogs and Coyotes I Killed with 5.56 mm. & some were with 22 LR & 9MM,.300BO 6.5 Grendel,.224 Valkyrie .

Last edited:
My opinion. I have two AR’s - Saint rifle and Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 as well as a Saint Victor Pistol in 300BO with the cost of a 300BO Being close to and over a $1 a round and harder to find start out with the 5.56/.223 caliber rifle or pistol. Less expensive to shoot and a caliber that’s easier to find in bulk. It’s also a platform that’s fun to shoot.
As a follow up to my original post both my Saint rifle and Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 have been rock solid in shooting anything I put through it with no feed or extraction issues however with my Saint Victor Pistol in 300BO it won’t feed in a consistent manner with SubSonic rounds.
basically the 300BO is setup for use with a suppresser when using those heavier grain rounds. Now this is no problem for me as I’m comfortable shooting a non SubSonic round.
my opinion.

I Professionally Eradicate Hogs & Coyotes and I use a 5.56mm AR Rifle for the majority of the 197 Hogs & 28 Coyotes I have taken in a years time I have a 16" AR 300 bo and it don't kill any better than the 5.56 mm and I have taken Hogs & Coyotes beyond 300 yards with 5.56 mm I have even taken hogs & Coyotes with a .22 Lr Ruger 10-22 rifle a XDM osp 9MM Pistol & Ruger PC 9 Carbine Rifle. as well as 6.5 Grendel AR, .224 Valkyrie AR 5.56 mm AR 15 Pistol, They all are equally good at hunting small and large game.
View attachment 6793
These 3 hogs were killed with one shot 5.56 62 grain m855 green tip they lined up on a bait pile in the morning I placed my cross-hair 1/4 below the pig ear closest to me from my 21' Ladder stand 60 yards away from my bait pile and I got 3 pigs with one shot that 5.56mm went thru all 3 pigs skulls and exited the 3rd. ONE-SHOT THREE KILLS and I went on to make several one-shot two kills
This is a YouTube Link to photo show of just some of the Hogs and Coyotes I Killed with 5.56 mm. & some were with 22 LR & 9MM,.300BO 6.5 Grendel,.224 Valkyrie .
You are better trained and versed in AR’s. Bassbob is not.
It is expontentially harder to bring down hogs with a 5.56 unless you are an avid shooter and used to hitting game on the run.
i hunt hogs 2x a month, even with thermals, and extremely well versed in the animal. Yes, 5.56 will drop them. Yes, a 300BO is better suited for them job if you are not getting a kill shot of a hog on the run. My son has had hogs take 5-6 rounds of 5.56 on the run and keep going... just the facts

you and bassbob with AR’s is like a 16yr old vs a nascar driver

I see your point. what state are you hunting them HAWGS? I am in South Carolina & Georgia, Central Savanna River Area. I went on a recon the other day for a contract estimate and jumped a 200 LB Boar Hog in a mud hole in a ditch and I smoked him with a headshot with my AR-15 Pistol it turned him a flip. I got within 25 yards of him when I busted him. Iron Sights .

If I were you I would buy the pc charger and put the brace on it you will like it, 9mm or .40 caliber with hollow-point ammo will not travel through your home and into the neighbors home but 5.56 / 300 bo can unless you have some frangible ammo in 5.56 /.300 BO. If you fired a 5.56 mm 62 grain green tip it can pass thru the wall of your home and into the neighbors home and if it struck anyone inside that home you would be held liable for any death or injury this is why I recommend a 12 Gauge Shotgun with 00 Buck it will not go thru your home and into the neighbors home and you will hit what you point it at in close quarters nine.30 caliber lead balls flying center mass at 0 - 25' is a DRT shot. Dead right there. I have the Ruger PC 9 Carbine and its little brother the PC Charger is nice in fact I want one but they are very hard to find in stock.
:ROFLMAO:
That is like saying I wouldn't use 9mm fmj because it might go through my cardboard box and instead you would be better off with 5.56Nato simunnition. They do make HD ammo for AR15s.

Nothing wrong with a shotgun for HD as well. I will stick to using my AR15 and HD ammo.

This is a 300bo in a 556! As you can see it isn't fully chambered, but due too the firing pin length and the hammer design there could be enough inertia too ignite the primer? The hammer will not fully engage with the firing pin. Always know your weapons and use the correct ammo accordingly! Don't be 1 of those that learn the hard way.
15909795251153878623540442343228.jpg

This is a 300bo in a 556! As you can see it isn't fully chambered, but due too the firing pin length and the hammer design there could be enough inertia too ignite the primer? The hammer will not fully engage with the firing pin. Always know your weapons and use the correct ammo accordingly! Don't be 1 of those that learn the hard way.

300 black WILL chamber and it WILL fire through 5.56. There is no question. You WILL destroy your firearm.

300 black WILL chamber and it WILL fire through 5.56. There is no question. You WILL destroy your firearm.
As you can see the bcg isn't fully closed as you can see from the pic. So it won't fully chamber! It will just enough for the hammer to make enough contact with the firing pin. Yes for sure it does pose a danger!

Back