testtest

Blast from the Past: The T-92 Light Tank

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Second half of 1950's saw the development effort for an Air Mobile Light Tank to replace the M41 Walker Bulldog light tank. The result was the T92 Light Tank

1709180721407.png

1709180827208.png

Second half of 1950's saw the development effort for an Air Mobile Light Tank to replace the M41 Walker Bulldog light tank. The result was the T92 Light Tank

View attachment 53124

View attachment 53125

Tanks Talyn….seriously I really love stories and history on tanks, used to have a good collection of books in them before we sold our house and moved into our current place, had to get rid of lots of things due to no room, donated them to my local library, Thanks again @Talyn

One of the remarkable things about the toy industry during this period was how on top of developments they were, defense tech advance as it was.
Of the numerous "green army men" toys introduced (in the often not green "ringhand" and "slothand" scale) with the new plastics was an MPC "tank" that complimented the M48's they had been making for some time. I was in the right demographic for these items and had their "T92" by 1962 at the latest, about the time it was killed as a light tank candidate with no possibility of "swim" capability. In fact the vehicle that would replace it was the M551 Sheridan (one of many I was qualified on) and it didn't really "swim" either.
The original version had a wooden dowel rod painted silver for a gun. Not many of those survive, but aluminum tubing looks better anyway.

Attachments

• WeaselT92.jpg
    WeaselT92.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 13
Back