testtest

BLUE LOCTITE?

On the XDM Elite Tactical OSP is anyone using Blue Loctite on the barrel threads to prevent the thread protector from backing off? After a few mags I notice the protector was backing off a lot. Good I had a clean rag to screw it tight again. Then I noticed the same thing after each mag. Grrrr

Or buy one of these, which will protect your crown, as well.

I use something similar to the silencerco thread protector on a few firearms and it works without issue.

I suppose, if you didn't want to use Loctite or purchase the nice protector listed by Hans, you could just wrap the threads with Teflon tape.
Besides, when the application gets up to 300 degrees F, the epoxy thread locker will soften and eventually melt.

I use Vibratite.
I like that it is reusable. I find that appealing on optic and grip screws as they are most likely never permanent. You can pull your optic or grips and reinstall without cleaning and redressing the screws. Sure loctite worked for years but technology has rendered it to the back shelf IMO.
The only drawback to Vibratite is it will incur the haz-mat fee and can only go ground.

I use Vibratite.
I like that it is reusable. I find that appealing on optic and grip screws as they are most likely never permanent. You can pull your optic or grips and reinstall without cleaning and redressing the screws. Sure loctite worked for years but technology has rendered it to the back shelf IMO.
The only drawback to Vibratite is it will incur the haz-mat fee and can only go ground.

Unfortunately, the heat rating is only 165°F; your barrel gets much hotter than that when firing.

Interesting stuff, though—I can definitely see it being useful for optics, grip screws…cool.

Ok, I’m looking at this because my thread protector was missing for almost a month❗️Then today I find it on the floor in front of my garage refrigerator, which I’m at several times a day, go figure.

So thank you to all for the answers in this thread! And especially to you Hangruber, for the link. It even gave me new retailer I can bookmark. 👌

Back