testtest

BLUED PYTHON SLIDES INTO COLT LINEUP

I see Colt is now offering the Python in blue finish, see how this blue matches the old Royal Blue

Yeah, saw this in the Day1 Part 1 Classic Firearms video from Shot when they visited the Colt booth. Very nice looking. Thanks for posting @Annihilator

This is what I've been waiting for. A blue new python. I wonder if this is the DLC ( Diamond Like Carbon) coating Several makers, including Colt, have been experimenting with? Its supposed to be beautiful and tough as nails.
I want to see one myself before committing. If it looks good, I will buy one. ;)

This is what I've been waiting for. A blue new python. I wonder if this is the DLC ( Diamond Like Carbon) coating Several makers, including Colt, have been experimenting with? Its supposed to be beautiful and tough as nails.
I want to see one myself before committing. If it looks good, I will buy one. ;)
i read on another site, that it is DLC

IMG_0151.jpeg

They’ll never match this finish.

Or slickness of action, for that matter.

The newest Python is actually a carbon steel frame and barrel with a blued finish. Since a blued finish can't be applied to SS, Colt had to go back to using carbon steel for this version.

Most Python fans have been clamoring for a blued finish ever since the SS version came out. Hopefully this will satisfy them.

Personally, I was hoping for a SS version with a DLC coating. That way you get the corrosion resistance of SS with the durability of a DLC coating.

I love a good blued finish, but I've had several over the years, and no matter how good a care I take of them, I still get a speck of rust here or there. The SS and DLC I think would eliminate that, although a blued finish sure is pretty.

I'm not sure whether it's my eyes, my 'puter screen, the photograph, the lighting, or something else, but the finish on that gun looks like crap. I hate saying that because I'm a confirmed Colt fan, primarily the Pythons, but also the Troopers. I own 4. One early '80's Python, stainless 6", one new version 2020 Python stainless 6", one Trooper III, blue 4", and one Trooper V, stainless 4". The finish on everyone of them is perfect ... and that blue Trooper III is so deep blue you can see yourself in it.

I think I'd be hesitant to tell anyone I paid the asking price for the gun I saw there in this article. I can't believe Colt would even allow that advertisement to be published. It sure doesn't say a lot for the Colt finish this time around. Even the metal finish doesn't look clean and finished. It just can't be!!!!!! Can it?

I'm not sure whether it's my eyes, my 'puter screen, the photograph, the lighting, or something else, but the finish on that gun looks like crap. I hate saying that because I'm a confirmed Colt fan, primarily the Pythons, but also the Troopers. I own 4. One early '80's Python, stainless 6", one new version 2020 Python stainless 6", one Trooper III, blue 4", and one Trooper V, stainless 4". The finish on everyone of them is perfect ... and that blue Trooper III is so deep blue you can see yourself in it.

I think I'd be hesitant to tell anyone I paid the asking price for the gun I saw there in this article. I can't believe Colt would even allow that advertisement to be published. It sure doesn't say a lot for the Colt finish this time around. Even the metal finish doesn't look clean and finished. It just can't be!!!!!! Can it?
my "large" LGS is a selling dealer for nearly all brands of guns, and rifles.

as such, many times they sell "just below" MSRP.

i'd be thinking however that the new Blued Colt, will sell at MSRP.

however, either a slightly reduced or full on MSRP, i'll go against my philosophy of buying a brand new gun just introduced, as the Python has been around a while, and this isn't really a "new model" per se, only a comeback of a finish.

my "large" LGS is a selling dealer for nearly all brands of guns, and rifles.

as such, many times they sell "just below" MSRP.

i'd be thinking however that the new Blued Colt, will sell at MSRP.

however, either a slightly reduced or full on MSRP, i'll go against my philosophy of buying a brand new gun just introduced, as the Python has been around a while, and this isn't really a "new model" per se, only a comeback of a finish.
Don't forget the new blued Python is more than just a new finish, it is also now made completely of carbon steel vs stainless for the 2020 Python.

That shouldn't pose a problem, but you never know.

Back