testtest

Bore Sight

I have a couple, both pretty good quality. A 9mm and an '06 rifle chambering. They're both realatively accurate, though to be safe when using them to mount or check an optic, I mark them with a sharpie on the case head, then clock them 4 times @ 12, 3, 6, and 9 just to ensure they've chambered straight with the bore. Overkill? Maybe, but I've not yet found a time when they were not dead on.

I'm thinking about buying a Laser bore sight for my scoped 5.56. Are these accurate or a waste of money? I appreciate all opinions.
I used one in my .308 after re-mounting the scope and it worked great.
My scope is a Sig Sierra3BDX
I was outside in the sun and couldn’t see the red dot past 50 yards so I set the scope to 50 put the reticle on the red dot, moved my target to 200 yards, reset my scope to 200 and........
AA2EF1AB-8152-4086-B947-751DB0E218D2.jpeg
26F9312D-40E3-44C6-963C-5A6C265D1D10.jpeg

I use a optical bore sighter to get on the paper at 25, then shoot & adjust out to 200 which is my standard sight-in distance. The optical one had caliber adapters for use with a variety of firearms.

I haven't used a laser one.

I’ve never found use for one, myself.

Get it on paper at 25 yards, and if that isn’t the distance I want it zeroed at, move to that distance.

Rarely needed more than 10 rounds to get anything zeroed.

I have a few laser bore sights laying around somewhere. I used them like Talyn does. Just to get me on paper. I didn't even bother with my last rifle ( AR-5.56). I put a Romeo 5 on it and first shot at 50 yards I was on paper.

Back