testtest

Brake or not to Brake, that is the question...

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
MUZZLE BRAKE VS COMPENSATOR VS FLASH HIDER: LEARN THE DIFFERENCE

The pros and cons of muzzle brakes

A Beginner’s Guide to Muzzle Brakes

Muzzle brakes

Having used muzzle brakes on calibers from .223 to .308 I've come to the conclusion that they aren't necessary for me. Plus, the extra concussive forces are bothersome.

I've concluded that for me (I only have one magnum rifle) they are not needed for rifles with recoil energy at and less than the 30/06 max (<20.3 ft/lbs).

My only magnum is a .338 hunting rifle and while it thumps me its fine for hunting since I don't even feel it when taking a shot at game.

I'm going to take the MBs I have on almost all of mine off (one is pinned) and replace them with A2-type flash hiders. I find the good old A2 very effective in reducing muzzle climb.

My .02

Last edited:
I mostly agree; but, in some applications, they can be nice, even on low recoiling rifles.

For instance, when I used to go prairie dog shooting (it ain’t hunting), I had an AR in .223, 24” bull barrel, with one of those massive JP muzzle brakes that looked like it should be on a Tiger tank.

The benefit was absolutely ZERO movement at the shot...you could watch your hits, no problem.

Beyond that, I run a Surefire SOCOM on a couple of my rifles...it does a nice job on keeping on target, doesn’t magnify the flash too much, or is too terrible on other shooters...and since a SOCOM 556 is probably my first choice for a can...the quick attach function will be nice.

Watched both videos and was impressed however after checking their website basically everything is “out of stock”
Ebay has a few at some really good prices.

Ebay has a few at some really good prices.

Thanks however I was totally screwed over dealing with EBay and will no longer deal with that site.

Thanks however I was totally screwed over dealing with EBay and will no longer deal with that site.
I hear that, they have a full refund policy now. Probably the only reason I still use it.

Screenshot_20200829-072822_eBay.jpg

Have you tried PWS?
I dont use anything else, great kit simple and reasonably priced.

Yes. I have one on my RPR and will keep that one since the RPR is a heavy static-position rifle.

I'll take the MB on my VTR and go with a .308 A2 on it, and swap out a MB on an AR with and extended BCM A2.

Back